Indian RC390s

lakshbhatia25

Hello guys.. I'm new to this forum.. Just needed one help from you all.. I live in India and currently, I'm riding the RC 390. When I drive my RC, after rising it for 20 MTS, I feel pain in my palms.. Any way to reduce/remove it?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance
Aman Bhatia

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ToraTora

Country flag
The Core of the Matter

This generally means that you are supporting your weight with your arms rather than your core. This could be because you don't know any better, or you have a weak core. What is a core, and how do you strengthen it?

Fitness For Motorcyclists | Sport Rider

Core exercises for cyclists | Bicycling

https://rideapart.com/articles/exercises-to-improve-your-motorcycle-riding

The whole get an upright bike, or ride faster isn't the answer. Learning how to support yourself with your core, and getting your core in shape is the answer to this ergonomic issue.

swastik_5

Hello guys, Any one from Pune? Know a place where you can get decent performance mod for the bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biker

Country flag
Hello guys, Any one from Pune? Know a place where you can get decent performance mod for the bike?

For a start what sort of mod are you looking for. Secondly it's a pretty well sorted bike anyway and the best mod you you can do is to improve riding style by doing track day tuitions, etc. Remember power is nothing without control and this bike is powerful enough for Indian road conditions (in fact miles ahead compared to anything else available unless you are getting into the super bike category). I have ridden much more powerful bikes but honestly this is the most fun bike I have owned. This 400cc sports bike is just about as good as it gets for fun and value for money. Personally I think this is exactly the sort of bike I was waiting for over the last two decades lol

Personally am pretty happy with the performance and general looks of the bike, so have left well alone except for...
getting rid of the horrendous saree guard
rid of the mudguard
rid of the passenger footpegs
install a diy fender eliminator
mobile phone holder
currently in the process of installing a mobile phone charger
bobbins for a rear wheel paddock stand

psych0hans

Country flag
For a start what sort of mod are you looking for. Secondly it's a pretty well sorted bike anyway and the best mod you you can do is to improve riding style by doing track day tuitions, etc. Remember power is nothing without control and this bike is powerful enough for Indian road conditions (in fact miles ahead compared to anything else available unless you are getting into the super bike category). I have ridden much more powerful bikes but honestly this is the most fun bike I have owned. This 400cc sports bike is just about as good as it gets for fun and value for money. Personally I think this is exactly the sort of bike I was waiting for over the last two decades lol

Personally am pretty happy with the performance and general looks of the bike, so have left well alone except for...
rid of the mudguard
mobile phone holder

Do you know where I can get a good link pipe in India at a good price? Cheers!

swastik_5

rid of the mudguard
mobile phone holder

Hi Buddy, thanks a lot. May be you are right. I am new to this whole biking stuff and I am just getting this bike out on delivery today. Super excited! I been stalking this forum for almost several weeks from the time I have decided to go for the bike. I am going to get done with The mods you have suggested. Besides I am looking for a exhaust change as well. Thinking about Aka exhaust. I believe it is a legal mod.
Any suggestions in that? Thanks again

swastik_5

Hi guys, do you use a different coolant than the stock to avoid over heating? Which one would you recommend? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 452

Everyone seems to love Engine Ice on the 390 forums but it didn't make a difference on my bike so I'll be trying Evans Waterless coolant soon. My hope is to prevent coolant puking because Evans doesn't expand like water based coolants...

psych0hans

Country flag
Everyone seems to love Engine Ice on the 390 forums but it didn't make a difference on my bike so I'll be trying Evans Waterless coolant soon. My hope is to prevent coolant puking because Evans doesn't expand like water based coolants...

Why don't you get the 1.6 bar coolant reservoir cap?

swastik_5

Thanks bahawton. Let us know how Evans worked for you, when u use. Thanks again

D

Deleted member 452

Thanks bahawton. Let us know how Evans worked for you, when u use. Thanks again

I'll probably change it this winter and won't know if it really helped 'till a warm spring day but I promise to post my results ; )

Rajat_Giri

Can someone help me with the power of RC 390?
The power mentioned on the KTM site is 43 HP. This power is available at the flywheel or at the end of the transmission shaft after all the reductions?
Need urgent help as I'm in need of a dynamometer to check the power output after tuning the engine.

Last edited:
Can someone help me with the power of RC 390?
The power mentioned on the KTM site is 43 HP. This power is available at the flywheel or at the end of the transmission shaft after all the reductions?
Need urgent help as I'm in need of a dynamometer to check the power output after tuning the engine.

Just read an article in the latest Road Racing World today comparing the 300 class bikes, and If I remember correctly, it said the rc390 has 40bhp. According to quora, this is defined as:

Brake horsepower (BHP) is the measure of an engine's horsepower (HP) before the loss in power caused by the gearbox, alternator, differential, water pump, and other auxiliary components such as power steering pump, muffled exhaust system, etc.