Leak confusion

rudra2k14

Is this engine oil leaking or something from chain?

HOW TO FIX?

Note : Bike 2nd oil changed recently

Attachments

• P_20151201_155620.jpg
    P_20151201_155620.jpg
    968.2 KB · Views: 222

ArkansasDave

Hard to tell from just this, did you recently put a ton of lube on your chain? To me it looks like it's coming from your chain but really no way of knowing from this picture alone.

tecknojoe

Country flag
Remove your sprocket cover (Do not run the bike with that cover off), and inspect the inside of it. If there is shit flung all over it, it's likely just chain lube. You can clean it and put the cover back on. Then if there's more leakage, it's likely a leak from the case. It could also be something as simple as your sprocket cover bolt being loose

msquared

I also have some experience with leaks. I have noticed that if the bike is overfilled with oil it can leak quite badly. On my 600m service the dealer way over filled my oil and the resulting "leak" was epic. I would check the oil level on your bike. Make SURE you do it exactly as the manual says (get the engine warm and check the oil 1min after shutting the engine off with the bike level and off its side stand). There is a BIG difference between running, warm, and cold oil levels on this bike.