LED turn signal flasher

Fasteddy

Country flag
Hi everyone...i am new user here. As per my own experience with my vehicle to use the OEM flasher you need to add a ground wire to pin 2, the middle, brown wire to pin 1 orange to pin 3, as you view the flasher from the bottom looking at its pins with the lock tab on the right side pin 1 is at the top.KTM did make an adapter harness at one time but I have never been able to find one, it came in a kit for converting the 990 / 690 to LED indicators.

Second time I have seen a near word for word or exact copy of one of my previous posts??? from post #10 of this thread:

To use the OEM flasher you need to add a ground wire to pin 2, the middle, brown wire to pin 1 orange to pin 3, as you view the flasher from the bottom looking at its pins with the lock tab on the right side pin 1 is at the top.

KTM did make an adapter harness at one time but I have never been able to find one, it came in a kit for converting the 990 / 690 to LED indicators.

ODD

Hekimpd

Second time I have seen a near word for word or exact copy of one of my previous posts??? from post #10 of this thread:

To use the OEM flasher you need to add a ground wire to pin 2, the middle, brown wire to pin 1 orange to pin 3, as you view the flasher from the bottom looking at its pins with the lock tab on the right side pin 1 is at the top.

KTM did make an adapter harness at one time but I have never been able to find one, it came in a kit for converting the 990 / 690 to LED indicators.

ODD

You have a fan. ;-)

Fasteddy

Country flag
I did some research from the other one that was reposted and figured out it is a 'bot' that seems to be triggered by certain electronic terms? I started looking at the profiles of the posters and one has a link to a link for electronics company in China,
[h=5]About CortEnis Bike: ZMR[/h]

Turn-key Circuit Board Assembly

cornerslider

I started this thread a long time ago..... I FINALLY got around to hooking up my LED signals after my track season ended. To my surprise, they flashed at the normal rate, with ZERO modifications!!!! All I can say is WTF??? All I did was crimp the factory plug-ins onto my LED signals.... The indicator on the dash display flashed a little "jankie", but the LED signals flashed totally normal. For reference, I have a 2016 RC390 (USA version)..... Maybe the factory f'd up the flasher relay with the European version? Either way, mine just worked, and I'm VERY (pleasantly) surprised. I can try to post pics/video if anyone is interested-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 452

My 2015 Duke flashed fast W/O using resistors or different relay so you scored!

CDN Duke

Country flag

diegs

I started this thread a long time ago..... I FINALLY got around to hooking up my LED signals after my track season ended. To my surprise, they flashed at the normal rate, with ZERO modifications!!!! All I can say is WTF??? All I did was crimp the factory plug-ins onto my LED signals.... The indicator on the dash display flashed a little "jankie", but the LED signals flashed totally normal. For reference, I have a 2016 RC390 (USA version)..... Maybe the factory f'd up the flasher relay with the European version? Either way, mine just worked, and I'm VERY (pleasantly) surprised. I can try to post pics/video if anyone is interested-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the OEM european front/rear flashers, and I'm pretty sure they have in-line resistors, which would explain normal flashing. This makes sense since from what I heard somewhere the LEDs were a last minute change on the bike (probably why there wasn't time to get them certified for use in the US).

Thanks for the info though, I should really get around to hooking mine up.