Let's see your RC

kings4thecup

D4S_8830-(ZF-2275-40666-1-001).jpg
just got the suit for $200 a couple weeks ago. Been consistently riding for about 3 months,, Never been to the track either...just from watching vids! Popping clutch wheelies from videos and carrying them out too! Critiques are welcome! Definitely want to improve my body position...think I need to have my left elbow down more as well as my head

Last edited:

Ryanthegreat1

You could probably gain a bit by getting your head and shoulders down and over your inside hand. You want to keep your torso parallel to the bike. With your head and shoulders up and centered you are crossed up on the bike. The first picture has better form than the second.

kings4thecup

You could probably gain a bit by getting your head and shoulders down and over your inside hand. You want to keep your torso parallel to the bike. With your head and shoulders up and centered you are crossed up on the bike. The first picture has better form than the second.

I kinda knew that's what critique I was going to get and that's the type of constructive critisiscm I want...thank you! I will for sure try that I feel it being a bit awkward bringing the head over more....just like with everything else you progress at...it'll become more natural as I do it more.

aj@x

Some great pics here :)

I am probably going to get the tank, battery cover and front guard paint matched to the white on the side fairings eventually. I reckon it'll really lift the look of the bike and make it look more finished. I've only put 1500kms on my bike so far and the paint or whatever it is on the tank at the moment is looking a little worse for wear in spots, they definitely didn't use a quality paint but at least it gives me an excuse to customise :D

Asher

The way i worked on this part of my riding is to focus on bending your elbows and rolling your inside wrist to the inside of the corner, also try move your head where the mirrors would block your vision.
Try and make it feel like you are over exaggerating your body position.

kings4thecup

Curious on how tall you are? Me and Willasan were trying to figure out some peg scraping and lack there of issues.

Have you touched peg ?

I'm only 5'7...ive had it touch the peg but only going the other way and it sketched me out big time...id be curious to have a solution to that though...maybe different rear sets, but, i don't want to spend that much money on them....getting married in 20 days!

kings4thecup

The way i worked on this part of my riding is to focus on bending your elbows and rolling your inside wrist to the inside of the corner, also try move your head where the mirrors would block your vision.
Try and make it feel like you are over exaggerating your body position.

will definitely try...i see exactly (mentally) what your talking about. Thank you for the advice and help.

MrGrody

I'm only 5'7...ive had it touch the peg but only going the other way and it sketched me out big time...id be curious to have a solution to that though...maybe different rear sets, but, i don't want to spend that much money on them....getting married in 20 days!
Congrats on the wedding.

I'm 6'2" pegs never hit.... but Willasan was clipping pegs like crazy at same pace as me. We couldn't figure it out.

Willasan

Congrats on the wedding.

I'm 6'2" pegs never hit.... but Willasan was clipping pegs like crazy at same pace as me. We couldn't figure it out.

I wouldn't say like crazy, but I was touching mine down a time or two each fast run we did. I wonder if it's because I lowered my front end and changed my preload in the rear?

psych0hans

Country flag
I wouldn't say like crazy, but I was touching mine down a time or two each fast run we did. I wonder if it's because I lowered my front end and changed my preload in the rear?
Most people like to add height to the bike because of the already low ground clearance. I believe even the WP race shock comes 10mm taller as stock. So I'm assuming going lower in the front would have at least a little bit to do with it. Also, did you go up or down in preload on the shock?

Willasan

Most people like to add height to the bike because of the already low ground clearance. I believe even the WP race shock comes 10mm taller as stock. So I'm assuming going lower in the front would have at least a little bit to do with it. Also, did you go up or down in preload on the shock?
I lowered the front end down to get a quicker turn in. Currently my preload is set on number 5. I bottom out the shock very easily regardless of its setting though, even though I'm probably only 180-190lbs fully geared. I'd have already bought the JRI shock if it wasn't hunting season. :)

guzz46

I lowered the front end down to get a quicker turn in. Currently my preload is set on number 5. I bottom out the shock very easily regardless of its setting though, even though I'm probably only 180-190lbs fully geared. I'd have already bought the JRI shock if it wasn't hunting season. :)

I lowered the front end ages ago by about 6mm, from memory it only lowers the peg height by about 1mm though, I'm roughly 180lbs in my gear too, but I have the shock on position 7, I've removed the hero blobs, and I have a 140/70 rear tyre which adds about 6mm clearance under the pegs, and they have never touched yet.

MrGrody

Enjoying a section of HWY 371. Love that my local canyon roads have such beautiful pavement.

601edbaa1f83004d7744a72373d59315.jpg