Metzlers no longer available in 110

flagstaff

I figured I would have come across this in earlier threads, but no such luck. So here is the situation.

The Metzler Sportec M5, size 110/70/17, has been discontinued. They offer a 120/70/17. I have been very satisfied with this tire and would like to stick with it. I'll need to have a fresh set of tires for a track school I'll be attending and thought I get some thoughts before I bought a 120 or maybe a different tire altogether.

Has anyone mounted a 120/70/17? Any noticeable difference in handling?

Thanks

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I figured I would have come across this in earlier threads, but no such luck. So here is the situation.

The Metzler Sportec M5, size 110/70/17, has been discontinued. They offer a 120/70/17. I have been very satisfied with this tire and would like to stick with it. I'll need to have a fresh set of tires for a track school I'll be attending and thought I get some thoughts before I bought a 120 or maybe a different tire altogether.

Has anyone mounted a 120/70/17? Any noticeable difference in handling?

Thanks

EdwardP333 is running a 120 and did just fine. Well, until he jumped the shark^Z^Z^Z^Z^Zcurbing and threw it down. :) The primary difference between a 110 and a 120 is rider preference. Do you want the bike to FALL into the turn, or do you prefer to ROLL it in? The 120 is a sharper V so it's going to fall in faster vs the 110 which is more of a U so it'll roll in. The amount of tire in contact with pavement is going to be the same.

...or at least that's one old fat guys $0.02 based on what I used and felt different on the racer "back in my day" on the track. I'm sure some "tire guy" can more readily correct me there if necessary... I mostly consider tire discussions to be paramount to discussions on which Linux Distribution is the One True Distribution.

(OB I'm a RedHat / CentOS guy myself... and all you Debian Infidels can ******* Burn!!!) :)