New member from Venice, California (Los Angeles)

DivingDigger

Hi guys,

I picked up a 2015 RC390 used last week, and had my first ride this weekend. I sold my 2001 SV650s last year, and have been without since summer. Great first weekend!
20160322_183845.jpg

Seth

Country flag
Welcome to the crew! Like the above post, looks like your RC has a few upgrades, Nice. Next upgrade is a comfy powerparts seat. Looks awesome too.

DivingDigger

Welcome! Sweet looking rearsets you got there!!

Thanks guys! Yeah, loving the rearsets. I need to pull off the left side and reinstall it, it has some play in it even though the bolt is tight. I would like the ergo seat, but I am going to have to crank down the rear shock with the added height.
The bike is so nimble and narrow. I had my first go at lane splitting, and I might like it a little too much. I hope to see some of you at track days soon.

Last edited:

Sacape2

I thought about getting an ergo seat. I haven't sat on one to sway my judgement about the comfort. I think the stock one is one of the most comfortable bike seats I've sat on.

This bike is easy to whip around, and it does so with ease and finesse. There aren't many of us in the LA area (I think there's one other that I know of) so you'll stick out like a sore thumb haha.

reenmachine

Country flag
I thought about getting an ergo seat. I haven't sat on one to sway my judgement about the comfort. I think the stock one is one of the most comfortable bike seats I've sat on.

This bike is easy to whip around, and it does so with ease and finesse. There aren't many of us in the LA area (I think there's one other that I know of) so you'll stick out like a sore thumb haha.

Isn't that funny? Most people scream about the seat like it's a torture instrument and I've never had an issue with it.

There are more of us in the LA area! My 390 is still in track day config now though so you won't see me around on the streets.

DivingDigger

It's definitely uncomfortable compared to my old SV seat, but as a female, bike seats bother me less than some ;-)
I didn't mind the seat when we went out in the canyons, but I could quickly lose patience with it on the highway.

I bought mine from a dealer in La Habra. It had been traded in for an R6. So at least one less RC rider in the area.
Where do you ride reenmachine? I plan on doing supermoto school next month, but I have never done a track day. Something I would like to change this year.

reenmachine

Country flag
It's definitely uncomfortable compared to my old SV seat, but as a female, bike seats bother me less than some ;-)
I didn't mind the seat when we went out in the canyons, but I could quickly lose patience with it on the highway.

I bought mine from a dealer in La Habra. It had been traded in for an R6. So at least one less RC rider in the area.
Where do you ride reenmachine? I plan on doing supermoto school next month, but I have never done a track day. Something I would like to change this year.

Great plan! I did Supermoto school about a month ago and it was freakin' awesome. A month before that I did my first track day with Fastrack Riders at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana and had a great experience. A bit pricey but worth it. I took their noob school too (you have to your first time) and it was really useful and very educational. Then a few weeks ago I did another track day with TrackXperience out at Streets of Willow (and their noob school too, which is free) and also had a great time, and it's cheaper. You get what you pay for to some extent though, as ACS is on a whole other level from Streets, facility wise. I'll probably be out again on April 23rd with Fastrack at ACS but I haven't finalized it yet.

I ride the Angeles Crest (the 2) a lot but haven't been up there on the 390 for a while as it's been in non-street-legal form for a couple months. Easy enough to switch it back though -- I just haven't had the need. I'm about to tear it all apart for some suspension upgrades this weekend though.

BikeGuyRob

Congrats on your purchase! I love my 390, had it since November. I do ride the streets, you may see me around your area on weekends. I am often on PCH with some friends. I have the ergo seat and it is much more comfy! WELCOME!

rc_orange45

Congrats! I really like the ergo seat more than the stock seat. Its a lot more comfortable than the oem and it looks nicer too. Where do you plan on taking the supermoto school? Adams w/ socalsupermoto?

DivingDigger

Yep, Socal Supermoto. Thanks, I will probably get the ergo seat soon. Do you find it to be any grippier than the stock seat?

stevieboy

Country flag

Funny. I traded my R6 for the RC390.