New owner in NW burbs of Chicago

Mjk12us

Hey everyone, I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself a little bit. I'm Mike and I live and work in the NW suburbs of Chicago. The RC390 is my first "real bike " (I had a '78 Yamaha XS750, but barely rode it because of the shape it was in). I had originally gone to look at a Triumph Bonneville T100 the dealership had, however upon arrival I learned that it was sold. The salesmen said it was still in the back, so I figured I'd take a peak at it and find something about it that I would hate to make myself feel better. In this "back room" they had a short line of KTM bikes, of which I had never seen or heard of. I saw the 390 and fell in love almost instantly. I wasn't going to get too attached cause a bike with that appearance has to be expensive right? Wrong, as soon as I learned the price, I sat on it, put my feet up and wanted a test ride! Long story short, I had to work that day and couldn't fit a test ride in, so I went back another day, test rode it and purchased one then and there. In just a week and a half I hit the first service mileage and had the manufacturer recommended service done ( $450 dollars and the valves were in spec, ouch, better safe than sorry though). All in all, so far I've gotten a TON of compliments on the bike and of course the ever present "Why such a small bike? You could've gotten a (insert any brands 600cc or liter bike) used for the same price." I'm in love with it anyways and it's perfect for the suburbs where I live because of its nimbleness and the fact that I can go WOT on a lot of the roads around and not be speeding... too much:rolleyes: So far the first service and a rear fender delete kit is all I've done to it. I will look to get the Ergo comfort seat in the near future and maybe some tank grip pads. Anyways, thanks for reading!

Treachery

Country flag
Good story, and welcome to the forum! Lots of good folks and good info on here, so make yourself at home!