New to forum - uk based

MrRossi

Newbie to the forum. Hi all! I'm seriously considering downsizing to the RC390. It seems to be almost perfect, just needs more power. Going from 130hp to 40hp is going to be a bit of a shock. I know ongoing development of this engine will I'm sure produce more ponies. These remind me of the RGV250's we used to ride back in the day! We used to get those up to 70hp and they were awesome. Anyway I'll let you all know when I get one.

Hi MrRossi,

Welcome!

I grew up on the smaller 2 stroke bikes and loved them. I got the RC because it is light and compact and decent power. Like you said, more development will get more power out of the bike but I'm in no hurry. It does remind me of riding a 2 stroke if you want to get the most out of the bike. Its lower hp does make you need to be smooth in your lines in and out of corners and you'll need to carry more corner speed which the bike is perfectly capable of.

I've seen a few videos on YouTube of a UK rider called Premises187 who has an RC and an older gent called Woodomain.

Hope you join the club.
:)

rydog86

hi folks had my rc390 for about a month now, my first bike was a yzf600 thundercat I got a couple of years after passing my test but never really got confident riding it due to weight/ size etc (i'm a short rider) and i got rid after a year. anyway a few years later I've been pining for a bike again ever since. I wanted a lighter bike and one which I could basically build my skills on. So its quite a drop in power but power weight balance is incred.I'm so glad I took the decision to get this bike it's so fun to ride its unbelievable and at the end of the day having fun is what it's all about :)