OE KTM fork protectors?

CDN Duke

Country flag
The Duke 390 comes with a rear shock guard and fork protectors in other markets but not in N. America. I've been trying to source them here in Canada and the US but it seems they're not currently available. The rear mudguard isn't applicable to the RC390 but the fork protectors are. The parts are readily available in the UK, but the shipping is prohibitively expensive...

I'm trying to see if KTM USA could bring some in so that N. American consumers could order through their respective dealers. The fork protectors are
£2.25 each so these are not expensive parts but I think they will increase longevity of the fork/seals which is worth quite a bit IMO.

Again, these are original equipment parts in other countries, part numbers

#26 90101092000 FORK PROTECTION L/S
#27 90101093000 FORK PROTECTION R/S

Let me know if anyone is also interested in these so I can suggest level of interest when I hear back from KTM.

thanks
Andrew

cdn+duke-albums-cdn+duke+forum+photos-picture5690-screen-shot-2016-11-27-7-16-41-am.png

D

Deleted member 452

I think these parts were intended for underdeveloped roads in dry countries. They're pretty discreet looking so it seems like a good idea for any environment.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Based on dialog with KTM Twins, looks like these parts are listed with KTM USA as 'out of stock' with 'no ETA', but not N/A, so it's expected they should become available in future.

My bike is in storage for a couple more months, so at this point, I'm going to wait patiently for a bit longer. Will post up once I have more concrete detail.

D

Deleted member 452

I've ordered parts from European & Asian KTM suppliers before. Shipping can be surprisingly low or high...

D

Deleted member 452

I don't think it was one place in particular. It seemed to be based on the size/shape/weight of the package. Here are the foreign dealers that I've worked with in the past:

trevorpopemotorcycles.co.uk
webike.net
wemoto.com

Last edited by a moderator:

CDN Duke

Country flag
I'll be going with webike it looks like. Their loyalty points, 1000 yen off for my first/previous order, combined with 500 yen discount for review submission, makes them the best choice.