PCV testing

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Long awaited on both ends. I installed the pcv on a cup bike here. The throttle stop has been removed. Couple pieces of data, initial data is bone stock out of crate(stop removed), stock air filter and lid, dB killer installed, with Akra map. Graph shows "stock" this bike vs fully tuned (with k&n air filter and lid mod). The other graph shows after the k&n air filter and lid mod (no tuning on a 0 map) vs tuned, strictly gains from tuning. All data is off the same bike, pump fuel, dB killer installed etc.. Only changes from as delivered is new filter, lid mod, and tuning. Rev Xtend is enabled to 10.5k. I can't wait to see what piston and cams do for it!

Attachments

• 390compar.jpg
    390compar.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 1,629
  • 390tuned.jpg
    390tuned.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 1,050
  • dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_4722.JPG
    IMG_4722.JPG
    427.4 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    485.4 KB · Views: 518

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Can you better explain which graph is which? Blue/red etc?

Red is final tuning on both graphs, blue is starting point both graphs. First graph is initial stock vs final tune with mods. Second is gains just from tuning for the mods.

Last edited:

Ryanthegreat1

Wow fixing the fueling really smooths out the power! So much more in the mid range too! I bet you really feel that extra 5hp in the middle. Can't wait for these to become public.

Thanks for sharing!

Any dyno pulls at 1/4-1/2 throttle for closed loop comparison?

Last edited:

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
So it look like stock filter is perfectly fine and the lid mod is not needed?

If you don't want to increase hp or torque significantly that would be true. It really wakes it up with the filter and lid mod, from 3.5-7k it makes huge gains without tuning, but tuning is needed and makes it even better.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Wow fixing the fueling really smooths out the power! So much more in the mid range too! I bet you really feel that extra 5hp in the middle. Can't wait for these to become public.

Thanks for sharing!

Any dyno pulls at 1/4-1/2 throttle for closed loop comparison?

I have about 80 runs logged. PLENTLY of closed loop data. Its all flat and good. I tuned the bike properly so I have data for every TPS % in PCV software (which has more now than before).

ryandalling

Odd how lean mine was running... if I did the airfilter mods, that would make it worse. I need the PCV to clean all that up. When and where can we get them?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Odd how lean mine was running... if I did the airfilter mods, that would make it worse. I need the PCV to clean all that up. When and where can we get them?

You are on the stock map right? Not the akra map... Prob the difference there. You'll need a PCV for tuning. ETA is mid-to late July to public. I will be selling when available.

dobr

Chad, you say stock but it looks like you have an Akra exhaust on there in the photos? That is a nice smooth graph! Not a bad power gain 5% over stock. Will you be sharing that map? ;) JK LOL!

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Chad, you say stock but it looks like you have an Akra exhaust on there in the photos? That is a nice smooth graph! Not a bad power gain 5% over stock. Will you be sharing that map? ;) JK LOL!

If you purchase PCV from me I'll supply my maps..

Ryanthegreat1

You are only playing with fuel on the PCV correct?

If the fuel maps are this poor makes me wonder about the ignition maps as well.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
You are only playing with fuel on the PCV correct?

If the fuel maps are this poor makes me wonder about the ignition maps as well.

OH NO, lots of timing work ;) done with pcv too. It does fuel and ignition.

Last edited:

hansolo_uk

how many maps do you provide with the unit ? or just one for my bike ? (2013 duke 390 UK, akra no baffle, k&n/open filter lid, not sure if stock ecu mapped for akra)

shipping cost to uk ? marked as gift to avoid me paying 20% tax ?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
how many maps do you provide with the unit ? or just one for my bike ? (2013 duke 390 UK, akra no baffle, k&n/open filter lid, not sure if stock ecu mapped for akra)

shipping cost to uk ? marked as gift to avoid me paying 20% tax ?

I supply the proper map for your combination already loaded in the PCV. Please PM us for shipping.