Wa2fst

Country flag
I have been on and off the phone with Cody down at common wealth. What a great guy to deal with. He has a set of PP rearsets in but doesnt seem like much adjustment. So curious who all has them and like them? I know other companies are coming out end of june or later. So not sure on waiting or not. Any pro or con feedback would be nice

Last edited:

Muckabucka

Country flag
gotcha! Good to know they have them in stock.
In looking at the way the bike is set up with the akro pipe, it looks that that will contact the ground about the same time stock pegs would on the right side of the bike. I've read where clearance is an issue on the street bike setups, but was wondering if it's an issue on bikes with proper suspension?
Mark

Wa2fst

Country flag
I have no idea. I have suspension on the way. For me its more of not having folding pegs and they seem to stick my feet..meaning whenever i lift my foot the off comes up with it

ryandalling

I was dragging the stock foot pegs around the corners even with the feelers removed. Then I adjusted the ride height (Penske rear shock) and that seemed to help. I do have the power parts rearsets on order from Commonwealth.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Cody sent me pics of the PP rearsets shows 6 peg adjustements. But at $400 i just wonder if they are worth it or wait for another company to come out with theirs at possibly a lower price.

DCMoney

Country flag
Cody sent me pics of the PP rearsets shows 6 peg adjustements. But at $400 i just wonder if they are worth it or wait for another company to come out with theirs at possibly a lower price.

When buying rearsets my #1 criteria is how easy can I get replacement parts and how much are they! With vortex and Woodcraft you can usually find 20 people in the pits with spare parts they are willing to sell you.

How easy is it to get spare parts for the PP rearsets currently?

Wa2fst

Country flag
When buying rearsets my #1 criteria is how easy can I get replacement parts and how much are they! With vortex and Woodcraft you can usually find 20 people in the pits with spare parts they are willing to sell you.

How easy is it to get spare parts for the PP rearsets currently?

this is very true and I was talking about this with a coworker. But judging by what a few sets that are even out are going for Im willing to bet that even woodcrafts RC390s are going to be a little pricier than normal and have a specific parts due to the very odd length and side of the stockers. I went ahead and bought the PP. I just hope in hind site when woodcraft and vortex comes out with theirs they aren't way cheaper and waaayyy better lol.

guzz46

I've scrapped the bellypan, but never the pegs, but I am using a taller profile rear tyre, and I don't weigh a lot, which helps.

emeglasson

Keep an eye on the Tyga website. They will have rear sets shortly. I saw a sneak peak. Billet, adjustable, with a carbon heel guard.

Wa2fst

Country flag
I will for me its how much adjustability. The heel guard on the PP i was told was CF even though it doesnt look like it.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Look great heel guard is to low. I had a set with a low heel and my heel was always in the chain or riding the fender

ASM

I have the PP rear sets for the build right now as it was the only set available at the time. Having said that, I will look at the Woodcraft ones when they come out as I really like them on the other track bike (especially in regards to crash-ability and replaceability)...

Fasteddy

Country flag
The picture of these are to the 1290 Super Duke not RC390 but doesnt mean the description is wrong

Good catch. They have had all the other PP stuff in stock so probably just an error on pic posted...
I have always had excellent service dealing with that vendor...