Rain Tires for racing

tecknojoe

Country flag
What are you guys using for rain tires? I wonder how the supercorsas would do....

*UPDATE* my pirelli guy said they're coming out with a 140 rain tire this year. He said he'll "pair it up with a 120", so I'm unsure if that means there's a 120 rain as well

Last edited:

Major

not well, the sipes don't go to the edge so the water is not being removed between the tire and pavement. I got caught a couple of times when a race started "dry" and ended up wet because of a Thunder storm, not fun.

I have experience with Dunlop and Bridgestone rain tires and they work amazing. I contacted the local B'stone race tire distributor and asked if he has a recommendation for a B'stone rain tire. Ripp Racing suggest that the rain tire that B'stone make for Honda RS125/TZ125 is an available rain tire. Price was less than what paid for my Pirelli Super Corsa tires on the RC. parillaguy

Last edited:

green_bread

Country flag
I kept the Pirelli rains I had for my 250, but Im not sure if they are going to work on these wheels. The tires are a 100 front and a 125 rear. Im guessing the front would be ok, but that rear might be a stretch on the RC rear wheel.Im checking with my Pirelli guy to see if he has any information.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Dunlop just came out with a new set of rains specifically for the RC, 110 and 150s. Race Tire Service hadn't listed them up yet but for 390 shipped I had to give them a try!