RC390 California Updates?

micahpearlman

Called NorCal dealer today where I have had a deposit since November and sales guy thinks "in a couple more weeks". Not sure how knowledgable he really was on the true when. Last week I called they said likely in a week (which would be now -- May 1st). Anyone else here different? Is it all guessing or is there actually a KTM USA headquarters that would know?

rc_Guy

I think its all guessing man. The place I put a deposit in said 1 to two weeks when I called, next week would be the second week. So reports are kinda all over the grid. Being that KTM are sending bikes with out manuals is kinda odd. I know you can download it off the internet but it is kinda weird. I wonder for the out of state people that already received their bikes if it came with a owners package like when you buy a car, last car I bought they had a nice owners package they provided... Not piece mealing stuff. I dunno, maybe my expectations are to high. Lol

micahpearlman

I'm sure there is someone somewhere who knows in the KTM structure. I had assumed that the actual physical bikes were being held by CARB. But maybe "being held by CARB" meant that the model itself needed certification and once there was a certification they start building them in India :-/. I dunno, just annoyed that I have a pile of brand new parts with no bike and I will miss racing with AFM this weekend and it's annoying having to talk to clueless sales people...

SarahC805

was just at my dealers and asked that same question an hour ago. they confirmed that the bike is released thru CARB, but they still don't know when the street bikes will be delivered.

The Cup bikes are out though...

That cup bike is SEXY!! Not loving the price tag or the requirement to race the RC Cup :-(

Tokyolow81

KTM dealer in Bakersfield called me a few days ago and said they'd be have them on the showroom floor yesterday (Friday) or early next week.
I got tired of waiting and picked up a well-built 2008 848 instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
KTM dealer in Bakersfield called me a few days ago and said they'd be have them on the showroom floor yesterday (Friday) or early next week.
I got tired of waiting and picked up a well-built 2008 848 instead.

:confused: Kinda different 'flavors,' dont'cha think? Congrats, though.

KTM does put together a nice folder with purchase. There's a 390-model specific PowerParts catalog, an apparel catalog, a slot where the owner's manual should be, the spare key and keycode.

Hello TZMike, was that Scuderia that you asked or another dealer up here in the Bay Area?
thanks Tim

was just at my dealers and asked that same question an hour ago. they confirmed that the bike is released thru CARB, but they still don't know when the street bikes will be delivered.

The Cup bikes are out though...

Matt

Finally! Picked my RC390 up yesterday. I'm in SoCal, Inland Empire. I was offered an extended warranty for $599 which covers my bike for 5 years. Loving it so far, will update with review later

Attachments

• IMG_1469.jpg
    IMG_1469.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

rc_Guy

Sweet!!! I hope to get a call from my dealer very soon. What was your price OTD? I was quoted $6950

Matt

I believe it was something like $6700. Not entirely sure because I put down money and added the extended warranty so the total balance is different. Basically though I paid $500 in extra fees aside from whats required which was labeled as "dealer set up" and "freight"... oh and the $600 for the extended warranty

Tokyolow81

:confused: Kinda different 'flavors,' dont'cha think? Congrats, though.

KTM does put together a nice folder with purchase. There's a 390-model specific PowerParts catalog, an apparel catalog, a slot where the owner's manual should be, the spare key and keycode.

Treach, totally agree. However, the fact that we couldn't get them gave me time to think about it. I think I was hung up on the RC390 because it's the new shiny thing. When I actually checked it out (the second time), I wasn't as in love with it as I thought I was. Currently riding a DRZ400SM, I am always left wanting more power (that I used to get with my RC51), and the RC390 would probably leave me in the same predicament of wanting more.

After going home that second day of looking at it, I started to entertain getting an R6. Meh, but I'm a Ducati fan (already have a Hyper) and have always wanted an 848. Low and behold, on CL that very day, I found a well-sorted 848 with Ohlins everything, Termi Race exhaust and ECU, and all kinds of other pricey aftermarket doodads. For the price I would have paid for a new RC390, I couldn't pass this deal up.

I still want an RC390, and will look into that in a year or so. I do plan to scour this forum for that very reason, but for now, I'm gonna try out this Italian Stallion. Good luck to you guys. It's great to finally see this thing available. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
That's a nice 848! That's the Duc I'd own too. Well, that displacement class; 748, 749, etc. But that one's sweet.

I went through the same temptation: Local dealer had a leftover '12 CBR600RR and a low mile '13 GSX-R600. Plus the BMW S1000R (not RR) was tempting, but what ran me off all of them was insurance cost. Of course...I don't have Allstate squared away on the RC yet...

micahpearlman

Just called Scuderia West in SF and they said they got the Dukes in the warehouse and the RC's "should be close in on there heals". Anyone hear about any other NorCal dealers having any in stock yet?