RC390 California Updates?

Drchin1023

Picked mine up today in bakersfield.
Put a deposit at beverly hills ducati 3 weeks ago but kept getting the run around and lied to but it all worked out . Now i just need to go get my deposit back from them. Good Luck All!

reenmachine

Country flag
Was quoted $7400 OTD at Beverly Hills (no extras) but wasn't given the breakdown and that seems steep. That means almost $1300 for freight, prep, and whatever before the 9% sales tax.

Tokyolow81

Damn! I just threw up in my mouth a little. That is steep, but doesn't surprise me. BH Ducati has always been pricey. Santa BarbaraMotorsports has them. Salesman's name is Lionel. Probably get it for under $7k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drchin1023

I just got a call that ken and joes honda and kawasaki in santa clarita has one on the floor unspoken for. Figured id pass this along since i already got mine.

Tokyolow81

Haha, they just called me too. Santa BarbaraMotorsports still has theirs. They emailed me this morning. Has the demand tapered off that fast?

RobbiRob76

Wicked Chicken... As of 12:00 on 12/9 they had (2) available. I called they put one on hold, and I left at 3:00, for $7056.00 OTD. Good people

micahpearlman

So you got one???

Yes! And I have a week to prep for its first race! Just did some "bar hopping" around town and i definitely have to agree with other assessment that the brakes are horrible. I actually don't like the insane bite that modern race pads have -- I like a more progressive feel with the ability to trail brake. But these things stock are horrid. The last bike I raced back in March was a 70s vintage Yamaha TZ350 and those brakes where better. Anyways I already have the Brembo race pads and the ABS eliminator brake lines and hopefully that will fix things.

A1VW2NV

Country flag
I am scratching my head every time I hear how bad the brakes are! There has got to be some variable. Did you bed/seat the pads? Grease or foreign material on the rotor? I am nearly 200lbs and have no complaints with the stock brakes. I have also ridden 2up with my daughter and still was content with the stopping power.
Congrats!

guzz46

Yes! And I have a week to prep for its first race! Just did some "bar hopping" around town and i definitely have to agree with other assessment that the brakes are horrible. I actually don't like the insane bite that modern race pads have -- I like a more progressive feel with the ability to trail brake. But these things stock are horrid. The last bike I raced back in March was a 70s vintage Yamaha TZ350 and those brakes where better. Anyways I already have the Brembo race pads and the ABS eliminator brake lines and hopefully that will fix things.

I agree, apart from the lever my brakes are completely stock and they're fantastic, I originally thought the yankee bikes must have had different pads, which could explain it, except not everyone is complaining about the brakes, for example the guy from MCN said he had to use the rear brake to help slow him down, but I don't even use the rear brake on mine, sometimes I have to slide my ass back in the seat just to try and keep the rear on the ground.
I don't know whats going on either, it's bizarre.

Fasteddy

Country flag
Congratulations!

I took more pics of my ODB set up to show you, with a week to prep you will be working on other things first no doubt.

The Austrian engineering shines through, the production quality is lacking, as bolts fall out, oil screens are crapped up with tailings etc, I was thinking if I had it to do over again I would get the bike in the crate, completely disassemble it including the engine and reassemble it.

I am sure the brake issue is the same as the bolts with no lock tight etc. not an engineering problem but a production issue. Especially after reading the shop manual on servicing the ABS.

Good luck in the prep race to race

Fasteddy

Ryanthegreat1

I don't get what others are saying about the brakes either. They don't have a hard initial bite but they have plenty of power.

The first ride home the brakes scared me, nearly did not work. Took it out and abused the brakes and got them smoking hot and wore the machining marks off the rotors and they work great now. I think most users are not bedding the brakes in or cooking the pads properly.

JKBC

Does anyone have any new updates on when the RC390 will be released in CA? Last I heard/read they were stuck at the EPA getting certed... That was at the beginning of the month. Just curious to see what other people in CA have heard. Thx
I got my RC 390 on May 2nd at the dealer near Parksville, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada and it says on it that it is certified for California.
OK for California.jpg

RobbiRob76

Stopped at NCY in San Marcos to get oil change kit for my RC390. This is where I bought mine. As 11:00 today there was one sitting on the floor for sale. Good dudes!