Rc390 let me down :(

simpletty

Country flag
Why do you anticipate that the dealer will take "a few weeks" to perform a relatively small and straightforward repair such as changing the head gasket? That does not sound like very customer-friendly service. Perhaps you could talk to the owner about this, and he could get the service shop "motivated".
not to sound like a dick Diploman, I think your a good dude, but

1)Its a shop and im sure that they have a work load schedule
2) If parts are not in stock, they have to be ordered and that takes time.\
3)There are probably other jobs ahead of his

This "fast food" mentality of getting it right now is not the way things are done. I understand the inner workings of a maintenance shop and no matter what you are first the day you booked it in for repair. :It does not mean that its going to be in and out in a day. Ktm warranty is, from what I: have been told, a bit more stringent than some of the other manufacturers, my dealer told me they wanted photos, granted that my company also asks for photos for warranty, and fluids down to the ml. Then they asses and determine the legitimacy of the claim. Granted they are paying over and over again for the head-gasket repair s they are familiar with the details, but all these steps need to be followed and this takes time. I would not be surprised for a downtime of a minimum of two weeks.

Although with your history of having the issues with the bike and getting it back with the same problem, the dealer should be fast racking your bike to the front of the work Queue and getting on the parts list even before they get the ok from KTM. A ktm dealer who sells an rc should be required by law to stock all the parts for head gaskets---lol.. Anyways just my 2 cents on the time issue. "Im sure the dealer will do everything as quick as they can to keep their customer satisfied, if not time to locate a new dealer

Last edited:

chrisdigital21

not to sound like a dick Diploman, I think your a good dude, but

1)Its a shop and im sure that they have a work load schedule
2) If parts are not in stock, they have to be ordered and that takes time.\
3)There are probably other jobs ahead of his

This "fast food" mentality of getting it right now is not the way things are done. I understand the inner workings of a maintenance shop and no matter what you are first the day you booked it in for repair. :It does not mean that its going to be in and out in a day. Ktm warranty is, from what I: have been told, a bit more stringent than some of the other manufacturers, my dealer told me they wanted photos, granted that my company also asks for photos for warranty, and fluids down to the ml. Then they asses and determine the legitimacy of the claim. Granted they are paying over and over again for the head-gasket repair s they are familiar with the details, but all these steps need to be followed and this takes time. I would not be surprised for a downtime of a minimum of two weeks.

Although with your history of having the issues with the bike and getting it back with the same problem, the dealer should be fast racking your bike to the front of the work Queue and getting on the parts list even before they get the ok from KTM. A ktm dealer who sells an rc should be required by law to stock all the parts for head gaskets---lol.. Anyways just my 2 cents on the time issue. "Im sure the dealer will do everything as quick as they can to keep their customer satisfied, if not time to locate a new dealer
I fully agree with you, I understand the dealer is busy. I will NOT bug them and let them take there time so it gets done right and. I do not want to have to bring it back after this repair again. My next visit for a warranty for the same issue will not warrant me to be as understanding as I have been. I never had a new bike EVER that had faults like this that were let our for the public to buy. I will just sit back and watch the show. When they get her done, they get her done. If they have it for like two months they I will just file with NH Lemon law, that is all. I miss by bike already :(

Last edited:

chrisdigital21

I don't think you're supposed to say bad things about the RC or the dealers on here.

Guess, with my story and what I have been through, I should Be banned ? Well if so, So be it. I did not ask for a Bike that blows head-gaskets at 1600 miles, But it is what I have. Good, Bad or indifferent.

stevieboy

Country flag
Guess, with my story and what I have been through, I should Be banned ? Well if so, So be it. I did not ask for a Bike that blows head-gaskets at 1600 miles, But it is what I have. Good, Bad or indifferent.

That was sarcasm. Every time I talk about my disappointment with the bike and/or dealer on here its like hitting a hornets nest with a stick!

=maz=

Country flag
14th of August my head gasket blew for the second time...should have the bike back this week(9weeks), fixed under warranty but parts have been on Back-order since it blew.

=maz=

Country flag
WOW, That is nuts. I would Be wild....​

I went nuts...nothing happened.

I have posted in this thread and a couple of others about the saga that I have had with this bike.
Best analogy I can come up with is, It's like dating a Hot Super-Model who is a total slut...while I'm riding it I feel like a king but I have little faith that I can rely on it. lol

chrisdigital21

I went nuts...nothing happened.

I have posted in this thread and a couple of others about the saga that I have had with this bike.
Best analogy I can come up with is, It's like dating a Hot Super-Model who is a total slut...while I'm riding it I feel like a king but I have little faith that I can rely on it. lol
Very well said,lol. Hope I get my bike back soon and it actually holds itself together after the repair.

chrisdigital21

Very well said,lol. Hope I get my bike back soon and it actually holds itself together after the repair.

Hope to have the RC390 Back From the head gasket Repair tomorrow. She will be sporting a new Akarpovic race exhaust and a ktm esc flash uploaded to the ecu for the new system. Can't wait.

chrisdigital21

And.........

Hope to have the RC390 Back From the head gasket Repair tomorrow. She will be sporting a new Akarpovic race exhaust and a ktm esc flash uploaded to the ecu for the new system. Can't wait.

The shop never called with a update, so gave them a ring. Service writer that was handing my case went home early and the guy I spoke with said my bike was never worked on.... Ok, I give up.

=maz=

Country flag
On a positive note.
I picked my bike up yesterday afternoon after 10 weeks in the shop for a warranty rebuild of the top end...second rebuild for this bike. I am at the track on Monday next week to run the bike in and get a feel for it...and I'm actually excited again about riding her.
I'm really hoping that in a year or 2 I will be able to laugh about this whole experience, like an old camping trip where you got drunk and broke your arm/leg doing something stupid/funny in front of your mates.

Negative...bike has 1800km on the clock...that's 1118miles.

chrisdigital21

Bike still broken

on a positive note.
I picked my bike up yesterday afternoon after 10 weeks in the shop for a warranty rebuild of the top end...second rebuild for this bike. I am at the track on monday next week to run the bike in and get a feel for it...and i'm actually excited again about riding her.
I'm really hoping that in a year or 2 i will be able to laugh about this whole experience, like an old camping trip where you got drunk and broke your arm/leg doing something stupid/funny in front of your mates.

update---- bike is still in shop -----

Seth

Country flag
On a positive note.
I picked my bike up yesterday afternoon after 10 weeks in the shop for a warranty rebuild of the top end...second rebuild for this bike. I am at the track on Monday next week to run the bike in and get a feel for it...and I'm actually excited again about riding her.
I'm really hoping that in a year or 2 I will be able to laugh about this whole experience, like an old camping trip where you got drunk and broke your arm/leg doing something stupid/funny in front of your mates.

Oh man, when I was 16 I though it would be cool to drink a 5th of vodka.... ugh