RC390 Track Fuel Economy

Tdel

All,

I just picked a 390 Cup bike for track days and there will be an ultralight weight endurance series in the NE next year. Anyone done any endurance racing on these yet? If so what kind of times are you getting per stint before refueling? Or what type of mileage are you seeing in sprints?

Thanks,
Tom

big_sur

I think our longest was 42 minutes and I don't recall getting all that close to empty so I bet you could get an hour out of it depending on your fuel map. We are at elevation though so less air>less power>less fuel.

Last edited:

Tdel

I think our longest was 42 minutes and I don't recall getting all that close to empty so I bet you could get an hour out of it depending on your fuel map. We are at elevation though so less air>less power>less fuel.
Thanks for the info I was thinking we could do one hour stints. Can the ecu be tuned for mr12 or other race gas? Or is ir a piggy back only ecu? The rc8s can be opened up with tune ecu.

big_sur

You can't use TuneECU on any of the newer KTM's, but I have a power commander V and while I haven't done it, I don't see why you couldn't get a map made for MR12 and have a switch on the bars for it.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
G-baby racing endurance races theirs. He can inform on fuel usage. I run a map switch on the test mule here for the pcv, pump and mr12 maps.