Rearset & Kickstand

wil55n

Country flag
From experience with previous bikes I find that sometimes rearsets can make it hard to use the kickstand. Just wondering if there are any rearsets that I should avoid for the RC as I plan to keep my kickstand?

I note that the stock rear set peg has to fold up to be able to get to the kickstand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy

Country flag
Not to avoid but consider, Tyga do two types of reareset, one is for race only the other allows retention of the sidestand.

wil55n

Country flag
Not to avoid but consider, Tyga do two types of reareset, one is for race only the other allows retention of the sidestand.

Thanks Andy, good point. Happy to hear about both recommendations and ones to avoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_bread

Country flag
FWIW, the Driven rearsets also have the provision for the kickstand. I used to have the Tyga rearsets and switched to the Driven for this season. The Tyga set basically fell apart without having ever crashed the bike or anything. The flimsy heel guards constantly breaking, the brake lever stopper piece not being locktite'd from the factory, falling out, and no parts for replacement, and the pegs wiggling around despite being fully tightened/locktite'd... there were just too many issues with the rearsets for me to want to continue using them for racing.

The Driven set is more expensive but its a MUCH nicer set. You also dont have to flip the rear master cylinder around backward like you do with the Tyga set. Not a huge deal but might be to some people.