Riders age?

hydroz1

40 years young, i got the RC for my 40th birthday. Pared the garage down to these:

1960 bmw r50 (my Dad's old bike that he gave me to take care of/ride into my older age and to Alice's restaurant)
2000 aprilia mille (commuter and track duties)
2015 ktm rc390 (commuter and track duties)

miss my old bikes but these are doing the job of keeping me entertained.

See you all out on the road!

Vince

Bobby

I'm 32. I've been riding since 2010 (almost exclusively street bikes) and this will be my second year racing. I'm hoping to get all 7 race weekends this year on an RC390. =) The first race at Buttonwillow is only 7 weeks out, so I have my work cut out for me!

unicorn_violence

dang i seem to be one of the youngest riders here! i'm 25 and this is my first bike. the only other experience on a motorcycle i had was when i was 13 and my friend had a 70cc mini moto. i said i was going to ride up the block and back, and came back and hour later from riding all over the neighborhood with no gas left in the tank. i'm surprised it has taken me this long to finally buy a bike!:D i got the ktm in september and rode around 1100 miles on the road and since then i've put about 600 miles on the track. i will hopefully use it as my first race bike this summer! everywhere i go i get compliments on the bike. the only riders i've met that didn't care for it were a few young guys on stretched out supercharged hayabusas....with no riding gear on:p

Attachments

• pic track-4.jpg
    pic track-4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 247

dbworld4k

28, first bike as well!

Took it out for the first ride yesterday when it was unseasonably warm and dry, just down the neighborhood though. My GOD what a rush!!!! I haven't had so much fun with my clothes on before. I can't wait for spring!!!

1d96cdb70100ecd022d2fe3137471a58.jpg

zaster

Country flag
I refused to grow up so it's really hard to tell.
My birth certificate gets me back down to earth though reading 63 years of age :rolleyes:
I grew up in Germany riding 50cc Kreidler, Hercules and Zündapp.
In the US I bought a Honda CB900C as a commuter but only put 25K miles on it in 25 years.
I remembered how much fun I had in my '20s riding a friend's 1200 Laverda over the alps to Italy to get it overhauled at the factory.
Not getting any younger, I decided to check out todays Italian superbikes and owned a Ducati S4RS, 1098S and still have a 1199R.
My RC390 will be used at the local track which is located less than 1/2 hour from my house.
Time to quit talking and getting busy with the mods.

stevieboy

Country flag
62. I was surprised at how many bikes I have owned when I actually listed them. Had big bikes but keep coming back to the smaller ones. I truly believe the B.S. about it being more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Treachery

Country flag
^^^^^
That's a nice pair! I'll restrain myself from commenting on the {cough} moped {cough} in the background.

:rolleyes:

DeathFromAbove

^Thanks!
The moped isn't mine but there's one hiding behind it that is :eek: . Great fun for zipping around the city and can do 80+ kph!
With a tail wind. Down hill. When it's nice and chilly out. In a fully tucked position. Haha

Ryanthegreat1

dang i seem to be one of the youngest riders here! i'm 25 and this is my first bike. the only other experience on a motorcycle i had was when i was 13 and my friend had a 70cc mini moto. i said i was going to ride up the block and back, and came back and hour later from riding all over the neighborhood with no gas left in the tank. i'm surprised it has taken me this long to finally buy a bike!:D i got the ktm in september and rode around 1100 miles on the road and since then i've put about 600 miles on the track. i will hopefully use it as my first race bike this summer! everywhere i go i get compliments on the bike. the only riders i've met that didn't care for it were a few young guys on stretched out supercharged hayabusas....with no riding gear on:p

Thank you for representing our age group appropriately with the full gear! Way too many of the spend all the money to buy a liter bike and then ride around in shorts and wife beater.

Here is my over the shoulder shot!
Turn%2B15.jpg