Riders age?

RobbiRob76

I had a similar experience at Hell's Kitchen on Ortega Hwy Sunday. Some Harley dude said "Cute bike, how do you wind it up?" I told him to" jump on your "murican" bike follow me back to Lake Elsinore, and i'll show ya..." He replied "whatever" and kept walking...

micahpearlman

Most "kids" think a 390 is too small. I see threads on other non bike related forums where guys ask will a 750 be enough for a 200+ lb guy... I usually laugh and then show them a video of me blowing past people in corners on my 250.

28 year old here, currently have, 09 1198S, 07 Triumph D675, 04 SV650, 08 ninja 250, and the RC, everything but the Ducati are race bikes and I'm probably going to sell it soon. No street riding for me its all track and racing.

I kinda thought the "Moped Army" generation would be into this bike. *shrug*

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Where in AK? I was stationed at Elmendorf and still own a home in Eagle river.. I never wanted to leave when i got there! I bought my F4 in bellevue, wa and my best friend is fron ellensburg, wa what a fun town!

i also had a 2k R6 what a fun bike that was!
I grew up in the Big Lake/Wasilla area. Some day I'll live there again. At least part time.

micahpearlman

Nah, it has gears and a clutch, that is far to much work for them.

The dirty hipsters want twist and go simplicity.

Keeping one of those fully kitted mopeds running seems like a ridiculous amount of work (in a good way)? I see this bike as a great little bar hopper. But I dunno, do kids do that now a days? Or is hooliganism just some Gen X thing and now they are all socially responsible and take Uber? Jeez, I'm old and out of touch...

My Retro Career

Give it time I suppose. Maybe next year the Moped army will be a-swarmin all over this thing, if the supply meets general demand.

For now, this year, seems to me that GenX'ers are the ones willing to fork out that little bit of extra cash to own one.
And a few Baby boomers too..

Wa2fst

Country flag
I still own my home along with my wife that we rent..in hopes to go back! They are in Eagle River. Very familiar with palmer wasilla area we always camp and wheelered in buffalo mines

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Give it time I suppose. Maybe next year the Moped army will be a-swarmin all over this thing, if the supply meets general demand.

For now, this year, seems to me that GenX'ers are the ones willing to fork out that little bit of extra cash to own one.
And a few Baby boomers too..
And the planning to put the deposit down in time to get one if the first bikes delivered. The kids live hand to mouth, so planning six months-ish out for a bike purchase, sight unseen, isn't in their universe.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ryanthegreat1

As much as I hate to admit it I am lumped into the Y generation. My social group is all 10+ years older than myself. My peers for the most part seem to lack any sort of ambition.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag

Maybe some, possibly most, but here in Austin they have made every old Honda and to the poor little CB160 & CB175 models virtually extinct from hacking then up with hack saws, grinders, and and the worst harbor freight MIG welder welds you have ever seen, or imagine! These are the same pinheads who get all "oh man don't be like that" when told they can't participate in a group ride without wearing appropriate gear... This is after they remove the all of the front brake components, front fender, rear fender, paint it matt black Ala Krylon... Typically sprayed, sometimes brushed. Loosely bolted of straight pipes off of Lord knows what, with no gaskets of baffling. Their headlight never works, typically due to having the harness to "remove the stuff that's unnecessary" and in the process bodge the charging circuit and headlights.... so about half have a flashlight zip tired to the front forks and are running total loss systems but don't understand why they have to keep their bike on a charger constantly because "it didn't start doing this until I changed out the bar grips." (Facepalm)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

frider

Country flag
32 and riding for 9 years. In order of acquisition, I own or have owned:

2006 BMW F650GS (bought new)
1972 Honda CB450 (sold)
1991 Suzuki DR350 (sold)
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2015 KTM RC390 (bought new)

micah360

40 here. Been riding motorcycles for about 31 years.

Here is a list of the bikes I've owned over the years. The first one and the last one on the list are the ones that I currently own.

1971 Honda SL175 (current)
1974 Yamaha YZ175
1978 Yamaha DT400
1991 Yamaha FJ1200
2003 Harley Sportster
2004 KTM 625SXC
2007 Suzuki VStrom DL650
2008 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
2009 Kawasaki KLR650
2015 KTM RC390 (current)

commandodave

61 going on 19

68 going on 25. 19 is too young to consume an adult beverage.

i have gone through the cycle, I started riding in 1965 on a 175cc Lambretta scooter. After working for Uncle Sam in a foreign land, I bought a 350cc Honda scrambler. Then a 750 Honda 4. Ten years later it morphed into a 1981 CB900F. That went in favor of a 2001 Aprilia Futura. I retired last year and no longer make a daily commute. The Futura disappeared in favor of a Honda CBR250R Repsol edition. I live in a rural area with speed limits generally in the 35-50 mph area on roads through the farms and woods. I could actually go from Point A to Point B faster on the Honda single than on the 160 HP Aprilia because of the handling. I did miss a little of the torque and acceleration of the Aprilia (what a rush!). I opted to go with a slightly bigger motor with the KTM. It has been said that one can have more fun riding a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. But I would hesitate to call a single capable of 60 - 100 mph slow.

Along the way I indulged in my lust for Norton Commandos. Open up any motorcycle magazine from the laste 60s through early 70s and inside the front cover was the Norton Girl! A beautiful young girl dressed in Modish or Hippie outfits astride a beautiful new Norton Commando. So I still maintain a brace of 750cc and 850cc Commandos along with a 650cc Atlas and my baby, a 1960 Model 50 350cc pushrod single. I call it "The world's safest motorcycle." It has the same frame and brakes as Norton's 100 mph Dominators, but a 60 mph motor. There is no corner to fast!

Biker

Country flag
45. Riding since 17. Previous bikes Aprilia RS250, SV650 in UK. Now back to India. Saw the bike, fell in love with it and it was a no brainer to buy it for $4000 dollars here:D

psych0hans

Country flag
28, been riding for 3 years, bikes owned are :-

1) 2011 Ninja 250R FI - Track Bike.
2) 2013 Ninja 300 - Sold.
3) 2014 RC 390 - Street bike.

psych0hans

Country flag
45. Riding since 17. Previous bikes Aprilia RS250, SV650 in UK. Now back to India. Saw the bike, fell in love with it and it was a no brainer to buy it for $4000 dollars here:D
How did you find the RS250? I'd love your opinion of the bike.

RC_AB

27...been riding street for 11 years, bikes for 14years (dirtbiking)

I've owned: KLR250, DRZ400, Shadow 750, Honda 919, Honda VFR, GSXR1000,ST1300, DR650
I now have: the RC390 obviously, 300 XC-W and a Yamaha YSR80 for minibike fun :)

I bought the RC because I liked the idea of a light flickable bike, and since it's an close to a moto3 bike as you can buy off the floor (compared to the competition) I loved it.