Run a fan for race bike?

mdabyo

Country flag
I have never run a fan on a race bike before. Always removed to save on weight, but i have heard about the Rc's overheating so does anyone not run one? any issues? I have the bike apart and now would be the time to remove it if i am going to.

Thanks!

-jason

Muckabucka

Country flag
I pulled mine, and pulled thermostat too. No issues as long as you're monitoring temps in the pits. Drink a beer to celebrate.

Luis1

rc390 overheating

My rc390 just overheats and shuts me off. Reading coolant temp too high. Any advice? I drop it off at the dealer hopefully they can get Ktm to asume the cost.Ktm

Track bike only so no stop start city traffic. No fan, non glycol coolant. no problems. Bikes running 2 bars cooler on gauge.

isaac_

For my SV I do not. For the KTM I do. Especially if we get red flagged and are waiting to regrid. Don’t want to sit around letting the bike get hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I leave fan on them, do the SPAL replacement so it will work when requested to run :D. Also remove the oem black plastic shroud from in front of it and use a nice radiator "screen" guard to protect it. That usually works very well depending on your climate. I have done the Samco with thermo delete too but cant say it's helped tremendously.