Stompgrip Traction Pads

Ryanthegreat1

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Stompgrip kit for the RC8R is the same as the kit for the RC390. Same part numbers. A lot of online retailers don't list the RC390 but they do list the RC8R.

55-10-0058 for the clear version.

Just installed mine, fits nice and looks great.

Ryanthegreat1

IMG_20150701_134207.jpg

IMG_20150701_134215.jpg

Guyhowdy

Thanks Ryan, looks good. Obviously not as slick as without, but I'm sure the function surpasses the look. I've never used grips on the tank before and am used to squeezing the bejeezus out of the tank to hold myself in place. I'm going to have to try these out, thanks for the post.

Ryanthegreat1

I like the look, makes it all official looking.

The grip pads are like cheating. Your legs grip it without squeezing with your thighs.

And added bonus is you won't rack your nuts as frequently because you will already be gripping the bike before the bump.

Guyhowdy

On a side note, I'm digging the passenger block offs. Are those something I can pick up from the local hardware store? I've MNNTHBX block offs arriving in the mail tomorrow, but I like the simplicity of your setup!

Ryanthegreat1

Thanks, they are just 3/8" black nylon "panel retainers". I found them in the hardware section with the nuts and bolts at Ace Hardware. They are super light and get the job done. Just a nice little finishing touch that looks OEM.

Something like what is found here.
X-Mas Tree

Guyhowdy

Inexpensive, good looking, lightweight, more aero, keeps dirt out of threads...what's not to like about it!