Just a question to all RC 390 owners RE : Suspension
I have m bike set up almost identical to Gazz on here

I find the rear is lacking in rebound control due to no adjustment available - Does anyone else feel that the RC Is kind of too soft in the rear and springs back to fast
causing a wollowing feel hard to describe Is there KTM aftermarket rear shock available with rebound control ?

Other than that the bike handles like a dream .

fos373

Yes - I agree!

The stock suspension (not to be confused with the Cup's supposed full adjustable setup) is lacking. I'll talk to my suspension guy at RG3 (RG3 Suspension - Home) and have him describe to me what he did in more detail - and I'll take some notes. Basically, he raised the oil level in the front suspension. The feeling is more linear than it was with stock. The rear, he re-shimmed. The shock is currently in the middle setting (compared to the stiffest) and he says we have room to go 20% stiffer. I have not had a chance to ride with the adjusted shock as it has been snowing, but I will soon and will let everyone know.

guzz46

Not here, if anything I find the suspension to be stiff but reasonably compliant, before I brought the bike I was concerned about the suspension being non adjustable, but after riding it I'm really happy with the suspension, I guess my weight is probably around about what the bike was setup for.

Thanks for the feedback guys - I weigh around 78 kgs just feels a little wollowy if that makes sense? More so when the road has a series of small close humps it feels like the rear will spring back too fast and is not like ready for the next slight up and down where I would normally have more rebound set so it does not spring back so fast - I have owned many bikes and haven't had this feeling before - im not bagging it but I did have a Yamaha R15 just to commute to work and it handled the same bumps with much more smoothness.

Update on suspension

I gave the rear shock an extra click on the preload it now sits in the number 8 spot with the front forks dropped through the triple clamp around 5 - 6 mm - it now works a treat - Maybe everything just need dialing in to suit each individual rider
weight etc and ridding style - The bike is very sensitive to input and I find that a positive thing as the RC 390 is so responsive and I have to say one of the most enjoyable rides I have owned.

I will have JRi Shocks MC/10 sportbike double or triple versions and/or JRi Streefighter shock ready for this bike within 3 days of receipt of my RC390. Cartridges will follow later.

Last edited:

Greggo

I will have JRi Shocks MC/10 sportbike double or triple versions and/or JRi Streefighter shock ready for this bike within 3 days of receipt of my RC390. Cartridges will follow later.

Got the bike yet? updates on your setup if your riding yet.

Treachery

Country flag
I'll go look, but what's the deal on JRi? Never heard of those.

EDIT

Okay, I went and looked. I'm familiar with Ohlins, Hyperpro, Elka, Traxxion, Wilburs, Penske, and a few that won't come to me. I'm a big fan of premium suspension, and JRi is less than an hour from me. But even on the scale of the ones I've mentioned, those are ...ahem...mighty spendy.

Not meaning anything by asking, but how did you happen to single those out?

Last edited:
If you want a remote reservoir version for the Streetfighter it is $799 and is referred to as the "Extreme"

Last edited:
Worlds first ever JRi Streefight Shock on a KTM 390

IMG_2423.jpgIMG_2429.jpgIMG_2433.jpg

I built and installed the JRi Streetfighter shock today. Half the weight of stock, floating piston design, rebound/compression adjustment, 10mm ride height adjustment, Streetfighter Extreme version shown with remote reservoir.

Last edited: