Swallowing my pride....

cornerslider

I have been very active on this forum for the last 18 months..... I had never owned a KTM until 13 months ago. Initially, I was THRILLED with my 2016 KTM RC390... I had a "good one".... I had no "issues" with my bike that was used 50/50 track/street. I'm 48 years old, and realized I'm too "old" to effectively ride this bike on track without several days of chronic neck pain from poor choices I made in my 20's.... I sold my RC a couple months ago, and ordered a 2017 Duke 390. After the same run-around I got last year (and then some). I did what was best for my sanity, and my marriage. I walked away from my deal with KTM.... I bought a carry-over 2016 Yamaha FZ-07. I am very happy with my decision, as well as my new bike. I used to "carry-the-torch" for KTM, but after my 2017 experience with KTM....... It's just time to walk away. I think that KTM has a VERY good product. It might be a little "rough-around-the edges", but beats the $hit out of everything in it's class..... I just couldn't waste half of my (pre-paid) 2017 track season waiting for a bike that may, or may not arrive before July 2017. I wish I had the patience to wait, but I just don't.... I wish all off you the best with your new 390. This will probably be my last post on this forum-

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I have been very active on this forum for the last 18 months..... I had never owned a KTM until 13 months ago. Initially, I was THRILLED with my 2016 KTM RC390... I had a "good one".... I had no "issues" with my bike that was used 50/50 track/street. I'm 48 years old, and realized I'm too "old" to effectively ride this bike on track without several days of chronic neck pain from poor choices I made in my 20's.... I sold my RC a couple months ago, and ordered a 2017 Duke 390. After the same run-around I got last year (and then some). I did what was best for my sanity, and my marriage. I walked away from my deal with KTM.... I bought a carry-over 2016 Yamaha FZ-07. I am very happy with my decision, as well as my new bike. I used to "carry-the-torch" for KTM, but after my 2017 experience with KTM....... It's just time to walk away. I think that KTM has a VERY good product. It might be a little "rough-around-the edges", but beats the $hit out of everything in it's class..... I just couldn't waste half of my (pre-paid) 2017 track season waiting for a bike that may, or may not arrive before July 2017. I wish I had the patience to wait, but I just don't.... I wish all off you the best with your new 390. This will probably be my last post on this forum-

I believe mine on the west coast are due in next week. I know this wait has been brutal but you are so close!