Treachery

Country flag
All of the press blurbs and KTM info has touted the turn indicators being integrated into the mirror stalks.

Buuuut... the one pic I've seen from the first International Motorcycle Show, shows the bike with conventional indicators mounted below the windshield. Anybody seen one live to confirm, or a pic to post?

Triiad

My local dealership has a few RC390 in his showroom, went by last week.
The indicators are definitely integrated, like so:

f56ae8d872.jpg

Treachery

Country flag
Thanks Triiad, maybe there's a chance that we'll get 'em like that over here. The USDOT can be funny. Not about location; plenty of bikes have integrated signals, but about size.

paige

i picked up my rc390 two weeks ago and was disappointed to have regular turn signals on there instead of the integrated mirror ones. it must be a USDOT thing? wondering if anyone in the US has an RC with the integrated mirror signals or if they can be purchased aftermarket?

Last edited:

Louatlvc

Mine has traditional signals mounted on the fairing -not in the mirrors. It appears that the US/Euro models have the same mirror design but rather than signals, my mirrors have plugs that I assume cover the mounting spot for the Euro-style signals. The US signals don't look too bad but I may switch them at some point. One problem is that the mirrors are useless because they are far too short. All I see is my jacket. I'm hoping there will be some mirror extenders available although it appears to be a simple task to fabricate something.

Matt

Wouldn't the simple solution for us in the US to order this part directly through KTM and replace?

paige

yeah I'd definitely be interested in buying them fos373. looking at the cover on my mirrors it has a small DOT stamp on it. the KTM spare parts site isn't working for me. I'll call my dealer too and see if they can get them but it seems like a regulation thing.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
We looked into this when our first bikes arrived and noticed they had turn sigs on fairings and NOT in mirrors. Called KTM and checked fiche.... Those mirror turn sig inserts are not available in the USA nor will they be order-able here from your local dealer (DOT reasons). You can get on other countries (Australia, I think it was) online parts site and order that way, you only need the light inserts. There is also a plastic block off plug for fairing where ours are currently mounted. Once again if there is enough interest and amount wanted we can get a little break on them from dealer to dealer even though its overseas, it would take several sets to cover shipping......

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Mine has traditional signals mounted on the fairing -not in the mirrors. It appears that the US/Euro models have the same mirror design but rather than signals, my mirrors have plugs that I assume cover the mounting spot for the Euro-style signals. The US signals don't look too bad but I may switch them at some point. One problem is that the mirrors are useless because they are far too short. All I see is my jacket. I'm hoping there will be some mirror extenders available although it appears to be a simple task to fabricate something.

I usually use a CRG bar end mirror in that case. I cut stock bar ends in lathe to accept the mirror clamp. Then you can use a set of mirror block offs on the windscreen, kill two birds in one stone! Looks and functionality :cool:

paige

that's so helpful to know thank you!! I'd definitely be in for getting either the whole mirror setup and block off plug/piece too. I'll look into the Australian sites. Thanks again!
We looked into this when our first bikes arrived and noticed they had turn sigs on fairings and NOT in mirrors. Called KTM and checked fiche.... Those mirror turn sig inserts are not available in the USA nor will they be order-able here from your local dealer (DOT reasons). You can get on other countries (Australia, I think it was) online parts site and order that way, you only need the light inserts. There is also a plastic block off plug for fairing where ours are currently mounted. Once again if there is enough interest and amount wanted we can get a little break on them from dealer to dealer even though its overseas, it would take several sets to cover shipping......

paige

wondering if anyone could post a pic or describe how the wiring is routed for the integrated mirror turn signals.

the US non-integrated ones route the wire along the side of the fairing but it doesn't seem clear to me where the wiring would have been routed for the integrated ones.

Thanks!