Washing the rc390

Speed addict

Hey guys, have owned this bike for the last week and I'm in love with everything about it.
One thing that is clawing at me is how to wash it properly, I have finally decided on what products I want to use on the bike but only so much can be cleaned with a microfibre.

Am I safe to use water in places like under the windscreen close to the instruments, or on the engine because of the electric plugs.

Feed back lack on this would be good because there is a bit of dust collecting under the windscreen that I desperately need to get rid of!

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Country flag
Muc-Off is pretty good kit, whilst the manual says use Motorex products trying to find the stuff is an issue.

Speed addict

I had that same issue, I looked around for that brand and getting it is just too much an a drama.
I have been using "mothers Instant detailer, and armorall protectant low shine.

Sacape2

I use Simple Green and Scotch-Brite.

Just kidding!

But I do use Simple Green Extreme Aircraft for the wheels, radiator, and suspension; Plexus for the plastic parts; compressed air for those hard to reach areas under the windscreen; Motul chain cleaner spray and lube spray for the chain, of course (duh).

Speed addict

What priding are you guys using on the matte surfaces? I have never owned anything matte and I'm concerned with taking care of it?

Ryanthegreat1

I just wash mine with water, a wash mitt, some paint brushes, and automotive soap. Nothing too fancy. I do blow dry with compressed air when I am done. No issues so far.

Treachery

Country flag
I'm using soap and water on pretty much everything, drying with either a synthetic chamois or an old, very soft terrycloth towel. As I have been told that wax will eventually dry out the graphics, I'm using the "Original" version of ProHonda on the shiny stuff, and Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer on all the flat black surfaces.

Diploman

The very last thing you want to use for cleaning is water. Once it creeps/seeps insidiously into your electrical system, it will work its mischief...

Metals 907

No doubt. I've ridden a lot of bikes in total downpours. Crossed rivers , creeks, and flying leaps into large puddles. Only way you could hurt your bike with water would be through ingestion via intake, or blasting your seals/bearings too much with a high pressure jet from a pressure washer.

Andy

Country flag
Hose down with a spray.
Clean the chain with Muc Off chain cleaner.
Wash off chain with spray.
Spray with Muc Off cleaner.
Use Muc Off mitt all over.
Wash off with spray.
Apply Muc Off De-Greaser to applicable areas.
Spray with Muc Off cleaner.
Use Muc Off mitt all over.
Wash off with spray.
Use Muc Off fibre cloth all over.
Spray areas with Muc Off motorcycle protecterant.
Lube chain with Muc Off chain lube.

Other cleaners, degreasers and lubes are available.