What other wheels fit the RC?

=maz=

Country flag
As the title says...I am interested in other wheels that will fit the RC390.

Being a racer, the need for an extra set of wheel will come up this winter race season. It would also be handy to have an extra set of wheels to run practice tyres on and keep the race tyres for racing.
The bike is still relatively new and that makes it hard to find wrecked bikes to buy the wheels from, retail prices on a new set will set me back 20%(plus) of the original purchase price of the bike so that's not really an option for us(specially with 2 bikes in the team).
I did see mention, in a post about tyre sizes, that Aprilia RS250 rims might work but other than that I have found very little information on the subject.

Any help would be most appreciated.

psych0hans

Country flag
As the title says...I am interested in other wheels that will fit the RC390.

Being a racer, the need for an extra set of wheel will come up this winter race season. It would also be handy to have an extra set of wheels to run practice tyres on and keep the race tyres for racing.
The bike is still relatively new and that makes it hard to find wrecked bikes to buy the wheels from, retail prices on a new set will set me back 20%(plus) of the original purchase price of the bike so that's not really an option for us(specially with 2 bikes in the team).
I did see mention, in a post about tyre sizes, that Aprilia RS250 rims might work but other than that I have found very little information on the subject.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I have a set of RS250 wheels, but I doubt they will fit without some major mods. Will keep you posted.

Old3

Country flag
With my modest discount they are around $400 a pair new. By my math you bought your bike for $2000?

I see on eBay guys asking $300 each! Lol! Check your local dealership or fav parts guy. Cobbling a set off craigslist will cost you as much for the wrong size anyway.

psych0hans

Country flag
They go very cheaply in India. I could hook you up, but shipping them will be a bitch and a half. Let me know if you're interested.

Mr Bean

Maz and I are both in Australia and KTM stands for 'Keep counting The Money' over here. I just rang the dealership and list price is AU$700 for the rear and AU$627 for the front. I get a bit of discount but it still works out at over a grand and that's before rotor, bolts, abs ring and tyres. Closer to 2 grand a set by the time we finish.

=maz=

Country flag
They go very cheaply in India. I could hook you up, but shipping them will be a bitch and a half. Let me know if you're interested.

If it works out cheap enough, you can see from Mr Beans post what we are looking at here, I would be interested.

Old3

Country flag
What are the political/economic reasons for the prices in Au, and I had no idea you werent in the USA.

and yeah, with rotors, tires, sprockets its more than $400 here too, but still cheap enough I just recommended a set for a buddys project bike insead of an all in price of over $1500 for a spoked SM set up.

Last edited:

=maz=

Country flag
What are the political/economic reasons for the prices in Au

We provide the ability of the big corporations to offer SUPER cheap prices to the American market...that's a very simple way of looking at it but pretty accurate...same with Software/movies.
There is a bit of protest(as much as Aussies can manage anyway) going on about regional price-differences(despite fair-trade agreements being in place) and taxation avoidance by big business.
In the end it comes down to the size of the market we have here...we are so tiny that we are not going to be missed so you'll either buy it at the price set or you'll go without.

I don't know...I'm just a guy with a family and an expensive hobby who lives in the most isolated capitol city in the world.

=maz=

Country flag
Just some links for your reference. $1=66.7Rs.

Now you're talking!!! Thanks for looking up these links for me...that looks like a price-range I can work with.
What would postage cost to Western Australia and how would I go about protecting my purchase...Paypal or CC payment sort of protection.
Sorry for the load of questions but this has really piqued my interest.

psych0hans

Country flag
Now you're talking!!! Thanks for looking up these links for me...that looks like a price-range I can work with.
What would postage cost to Western Australia and how would I go about protecting my purchase...Paypal or CC payment sort of protection.
Sorry for the load of questions but this has really piqued my interest.
Absolutely no issues. I'll try finding out what the shipping cost would be by tomorrow.

=maz=

Country flag
OK...well after not getting any further info about shipping from India I started looking again.
I found these on eBay: Items in ENFIELDCOUNTYSPARES store on eBay !

I purchased a set of wheels listed as "New". At the time of purchase I could buy one rear-wheel from a local wrecker for about the same cost as shipping the new set from eBay.
I asked the seller about the rims and if they had the axle-guide, bearings and dust seals...I was assured they were bare rims.

Package arrived in a fair time, even though there was an initial problem at customs on the sellers end.

When I opened the front rims packaging I was pleasantly surprised to see the dust seals, bearings and axle guide...even though the dust seals have been painted over when the rims were sprayed...and the rims even had a valve stem in them(that was also painted over on the inside of the rim). I laughed it off thinking it was just a seller that didn't know their own product(not unusual on eBay).
Next I opened the rear and that also had seals, bearings, guide and stem...but it also had balancing weights attached that have been painted straight over.
I contacted the seller and said I'm not happy about being sold secondhand rims when they're listed as new...they dribbled some BS about their listings wording and I will continue to follow the matter up.

Over all the rims seem genuine, even the shitty painting with finger prints and patchiness matches the OEM quality...if the weights weren't on the rear I would've been none the wiser.
These are probably not a worthwhile option for members in the USA but for other members in Australia and elsewhere they may be the solution required for Wet Tyres.

=maz=

Country flag
Update: Spoke with the seller about the problem with colour, finish and listing them as new...22% refund.
Refund pays for paint and paper...rims are now black.
Happy days.

Lemans_72

Hello Guys,

I am in same situation and would need a set of wet.

I know some parts of the rc duke would fit on the RC so what about the Wheels from a 125 DUKE ? Can someone confirm me it the same size as my RC 390.

CHEERS !!!

FN1Q1697-2.jpg