Wrecked RC at Auction

big_sur

I dk, I mean if you looked up close, there's prolly a bunch of little scratches which constitutes replacement in the insurance world, then you tack $100\h+ labor to do it all and it gets up there. Plus, I mean if you wrecked your bike, would you really want it fixed or would you want a new one?

Looks like the auction just moved to Thu. Mar 17, 2016 now.

I wonder how much this would actually go for? Frames, forks and wheels can be straightened... This would make for an easy racebike build! Racing seems to be around $3-4k in parts if you go all out.

EnergyHOU

Have you guys seen some of these auctions? Is this for real? I'm showing Ninja 300 SEs about to go for $300, pure sale. I mean I get that some of these have bent frames, etc. but $300?

hydroz1

any of you guys want a group buy? I just want the wheels- front and rear along with the brake rotors.

Let's go internet buy!

big_sur

Have you guys seen some of these auctions? Is this for real? I'm showing Ninja 300 SEs about to go for $300, pure sale. I mean I get that some of these have bent frames, etc. but $300?

That's probably about right, though you'll be closer to $1,000 by the time all the fees are added in.

big_sur

I'm not sure if it was iaai.com or copart.com, but yeah, one of those two. Granted, that picture in the other thread is $1.5k of parts and a bunch of free labor after I picked it up from auction, but even so, I've still got substantially less than I would pay for a used one private party and now this one I won't care as much when I throw it on the ground.

tt2013

Hi All. I ended up following this auction and the winning bid was $2,350, but the real price with all the fees added up was going to cost $3,150. This price does not include shipping. A low shipping cost from coast to coast would cost around $500, bringing the total to $3,650. I realize that every auction settles at a different price. I just wanted to share this information for anyone who was curious.

rick

Interesting! Nice to know for budgeting if I ever want to play with something like that. Thank you and congratulations!

whodatschrome

FYI, I was the one who ended up getting that 390 from the Copart auction. I'm near PDX so I didn't have to pay for shipping on the bike. I just went over and picked it up with my little trailer in tow. I went and looked at the bike before I bought it so I could get a idea of what was the matter with it. From the type of damage that there is to the bike, my guess is either the bike was accidently back into while in a parking spot, or maybe it got rear ended at 2 mph. The (ugly) rear license plate holder was bent (no loss there...), front brake lever is slightly bent (I ordered a new lever but the bent lever has way better ergonomics, so it's going to staying), gear shift lever broke off (found a almost brand new one on ebay), ignition cover has a small scuffs at the very bottom underneath, left bar end has a scuff that I had to look very, very hard to see, the KTM graphic is smudged on the left side (but no scratches in the plastic though...weird), and the loop in the side stand was bent some (new stand from KTM $9.50).
Only 451 miles when I got it. It now has 480. Though I live in the Pacific NW, I'm planning on not riding this particular bike in the rain. I'll just ride one of my "rainy day" bikes if it starts to rain.
The only thing I'm missing for the bike the all important KTM "briefcase". It's driving me nuts not having one for the bike. Anybody want to sell theirs, or have a lead on one? I haven't seen any on ebay.

Bagwell

Country flag
You mean the manuals and stuff? You can order all that from a dealer. If I remember correctly it only has the owners manual, an aftermarket parts book of stuff you can buy for it from the KTM aftermarket parts place and thats about it. No service manual or anything.

whodatschrome

Iv'e been collecting orange pens. So far i have 3 that don't work. Now i'm in need of a fourth orange pen. I was hoping to not get the free complimentary 390 when i go to my dealer to buy the briefcase...