about clip on handlebars

Hello
I had the feeling that my right handlebar is slightly bent, following a low speed fall on track. Nothing serious.
Then I looked in parts catalog, and I extremenly surprised by the comment :
Capture.JPG
I did not know that 2 models of triple clamp and handlebar are existing, and that the handlebar using a M5 screw seems to be no more sold, so KTM would force to buty the complete set od 2 handlebar + triple clamp (215 EUR)
I'm pissed off (as mine is using the 5mm screw)!

Then maybe it's an oportunity to use clip on below the triple clamp. I was already interested in this to improve the positionnon track.
But I have the impression that the fork is like conical below the triple clamp...
Do you have any advise or experience of using clip on handlebar?

Thank you

=maz=

Country flag
You can still source both bars...just use the original part number(for the M5 bar) and buy a couple of spares.

Thank you for your positive feedback.
this is not what i understand from the drawing above, but i will check with my dealer.
btw, i don.t find reference for M5 bar.
i will keep this community informed...

... so I ordered at my dealer the M5 handlebat (the right one in may case) : 90802201000
The following week he informed me thatv the part is not available (and will not be) so the solution would be to buy the complete set including triple...

Grove

... so I ordered at my dealer the M5 handlebat (the right one in may case) : 90802201000
The following week he informed me thatv the part is not available (and will not be) so the solution would be to buy the complete set including triple...
Wow, that sucks. You could try to take off the one that is bent, and see if it can be straightened. Also, of course, there are often people selling these from their bikes. But as you've said, you could always go with aftermarket.

For myself, I often keep spares of parts that likely need to be replaced if I go down at the track or elsewhere. Handlebars/ clip ons, various levers and so on. Keeps down time to a minimum as I wouldn't be waiting on parts to arrive. Also, might be the difference between trucking my bike home from the track, or riding it back (I generally ride my bike and gear to track days).

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag

That is crazy!!! Tho I will say, if you DO have to go the route of an upper and bars, then go with the Tyga setup. It's affordable, and the bars are available for replacement... plus the bar itself is designed to bend or fail before causing the triple clamp or forks to bend. That way, if you need a bar in the future it's a quick and cheap replacement. Plus, the set is designed JUST for the RC390, so it'll clear the tank and bodywork without needing the steering stop kit to limit the turn of the bars from lock to lock like most cheap aftermarket clipons do. MattP@Tyga really nailed it with the design of them!!!

I carry the parts, ($350 USD) but then there is that shipping to France thing (~$60 USD) so total would be about $410 total... based on my quick and cursory look at USPS International shipping rates... which is typically the cheapest option for international when the item is small and can go in a box size less than 1' cubed.

Feel free to follow up if you'd like to look into this option to get your back on the road. Sorry KTM are being such ******** with discontinuing the part and only offering it in the assembly. That's not right!!! :(

ToraTora

Country flag
Another option is to just get some standard clip on bars. You might have to trim off the stock bar mounts on the triple, but that wouldn't be all that difficult. There are a lot of companies that make these things.

0000-Driven-Clip-Ons.jpg