Accessory wiring / outlet kit

JimDubya

I see an outlet kit available for the duke, and it looks like there’s some easy to access accessory wires behind the headlamps that can just be plugged right into without tapping and splicing and cutting wires.

Do we have anything similar on the RC? Looking for the easiest way to connect a power source for my phone and/or gps?

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_bread

Country flag
Yes, there are 2 accessory hook ups near the front /bottom of the battery box. Look in the owners manual. They show you exact location

JimDubya

Yes, there are 2 accessory hook ups near the front /bottom of the battery box. Look in the owners manual. They show you exact location

Thanks! Didn’t get the owners manual cd, and have had a tough time finding the 2015 US version online.

Are they just standard 1/4” spade connectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The Owners Manual should have come with your bike, as a hardcopy, not as a CD. The Service Manual is what comes as a CD. I have a (free to distribute) copy of the Owners Manual available on my Google Drive here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B44Wmg4GAaGyb1k2QTMybXJEMlE

Unsurprisingly, the Owners Manual makes no mention whatsoever of the accessory connections. The Service Manual is sold by KTM Dealers and comes as a CD with a PDF on it.

The section in the Service Manual about the accessory connectors is there, but it's pretty terse:
Accessory_Connectors.jpg

X291 Connector for accessory ground ACC1 (not assigned)
X292 Connector for accessory positive terminal 30 ACC1 (not assigned)
X293 Connector for accessory ground ACC 2 (not assigned)
X294 Connector for accessory plug terminal 15 ACC 2 (not assigned)

Each accessory leg routes through a 10A fuse.
ACC1 is constant power, and ACC2 is keyed power.