Akrapovic vs Moto-Maggot Dyno

othebe

Country flag
I had a Dyno tune done on my 2018 for an Akrapovic slip-on and wanted to share the graph with you all. Big thanks to Matt @ Formula390 for getting a header to me on time, and to Taylor over at TekMoto for anyone in CA.

Quick backstory: I've been running the Tyga moto maggot for a while now with a DynotJet autotune module ~ 13.3. I got a great deal on an Akrapovic slip-on, and I when I got it I wanted a proper tune on this. Taylor over at TekMoto did 3 different charts for this:

1. Tyga Header + Tyga Moto maggot ~ 13.3 Autotune map
2. Tyga Header + Akrapovic slipon ~ 13.3 Autotune map
3. Tyga Header + Akrapovic slipon > Dyno-tuned map

Semi-ignoring humidity and other conditions, it was interesting to see that at least for me, the Akrapovic slipon seemed to perform better than the Moto Maggots right off the bat on the autotune map.

I picked this up the morning of at a track I haven't run on the 390 before, so I'm looking forward to the next time I'm at a track I've run before for more comparisons.

rc390dyno.jpg

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
What kind of airbox mod are you running? If its my stuff or a 390R runner bump that rev limit up to 11k and let the party loose.

othebe

Country flag
Its a base 390R model with an open airbox lid. Do you think the drop towards the end is due to the limiter and would bumping the rev limit to 11K be bad for the engine (as compared to current 10.something)? I'm guessing this would need a separate tune for the increased rev range right?

Btw, did you sell your WSS390R? Ran against it last weekend at the AFM races.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Its hard to say what the drop is caused by without seeing the corresponding afr I have my doubts about if the stock injector can deal with the task. It will need a retune. I didn't sell the 390R but that was my trainee for junior cup in the following years, I am going to be 28 next year so eligibility is on a timer.

othebe

Country flag
I saw your logo and the guy mentioned he bought it off you - That titanium high mount Akrapovic looked sweet in real life!

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
If he thinks he bought it I need to slap him! The whole bike is a beautiful piece, definitely going to go in the museum when its done being useful.