Anyone have this problem with aftermarket clip ons?

ArkansasDave

I installed the Vortex clip ons on my bike and am having an issue with the throttle cable hitting the body work. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

DCMoney

Country flag
When I ran this configuration I removed the location pin for the bar and housing. Rotated the housing on the clipon till it cleared. Starter button ended up lower but the cable cleared.

Best is to buy a different throttle assembly and replace the stock housing.

ArkansasDave

When I ran this configuration I removed the location pin for the bar and housing. Rotated the housing on the clipon till it cleared. Starter button ended up lower but the cable cleared.

Best is to buy a different throttle assembly and replace the stock housing.

Ok want to buy me a new throttle assembly? Please? I'll put a sticker with your name on it on my bike.

Ill just have to rotate the clip on bar. Thanks.

DCMoney

Country flag
Ok want to buy me a new throttle assembly? Please? I'll put a sticker with your name on it on my bike.

Ill just have to rotate the clip on bar. Thanks.

Just rotating the clip on will cause the brake master cylinder to go with it. Loosen it up and change its position back to "normal" for you. This is pretty obvious just want to point it out.

If a new throttle assembly is all you want to pimp out my side business we might have a deal!

ArkansasDave

Just rotating the clip on will cause the brake master cylinder to go with it. Loosen it up and change its position back to "normal" for you. This is pretty obvious just want to point it out.

If a new throttle assembly is all you want to pimp out my side business we might have a deal!

I'll take money for entry fees as well! I actually have a chance at winning a novice championship this year if I could make all the rounds.

Yeah I rotated it and then fixed the brake lever, it's common sense but so was simply rotating the clip on and I almost drilled a new hole instead of rotating it.

DCMoney

Country flag
I'll take money for entry fees as well! I actually have a chance at winning a novice championship this year if I could make all the rounds.

Yeah I rotated it and then fixed the brake lever, it's common sense but so was simply rotating the clip on and I almost drilled a new hole instead of rotating it.

I had to think why I didnt think to just rotate the clipon and its because I dont drill my clipons in case I crash and need to replace one quickly. I keep several on hand and could drill them prior but the housings work fine either by dremeling them or in the case of the 390s housing theres a plastic removal insert that comes out.

That way I don't have to adjust my brake lever after either. Once I get it set I hate moving it.

tecknojoe

Country flag
aw shit, are you guys saying the throttle assembly has a little knob on it, which is supposed to fit into a hole in the OEM clipon?

I'm planning on getting aftermarket, and hate having to saw off a little plastic nub

DCMoney

Country flag
aw shit, are you guys saying the throttle assembly has a little knob on it, which is supposed to fit into a hole in the OEM clipon?

I'm planning on getting aftermarket, and hate having to saw off a little plastic nub

If you're using the stock housing you can remove that little plastic numb if you don't want to drill your aftermarket clipon.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I had the same problem then rotated my housing as mentioned but now my start button hits the tank! Doh, guess a motion pro setup is in my near future.

tecknojoe

Country flag
If you're using the stock housing you can remove that little plastic numb if you don't want to drill your aftermarket clipon.

This'll be maybe the 4th time I've had to do that on a bike. Sigh, I guess it's finally time for me to just buy a damn rotary tool

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The Tyga top triple and clipons is NEARLY done with preproduction. The hope is to have production running by the end of this month. The clipons fork tube clamp bracket will be angled such as to clear the bodywork, and should also not need the switch gear housings modified to still fit and clear.

This is just a rendering. Should have photos of the preproduction unit soon.
uploadfromtaptalk1453289907671.jpg

This shown includes the optional key block mount. Missing is the optional integrated bracket for the Formula390 steering damper which will work with the frame clamp, and eliminate the large block triple tree clamp for those who didn't want to have to modify their stock upper triple.

s30series

The Tyga top triple and clipons is NEARLY done with preproduction. The hope is to have production running by the end of this month. The clipons fork tube clamp bracket will be angled such as to clear the bodywork, and should also not need the switch gear housings modified to still fit and clear.

This is just a rendering. Should have photos of the preproduction unit soon.
View attachment 2022

This shown includes the optional key block mount. Missing is the optional integrated bracket for the Formula390 steering damper which will work with the frame clamp, and eliminate the large block triple tree clamp for those who didn't want to have to modify their stock upper triple.

Any update on this triple tree?