Anyone willing to risk small bucks on these cheap chinese Rearsets?

Treachery

Country flag
Anybody want to post an update on these? I just ordered a set of upgraded pegs for the OE bracketry from one of our forum-supporting vendors, but still wonder how these hold up. I stand on the pegs from time to time, either to air out or to "rearrange," and would hate to have a peg or the rearset fail on me while standing.

robenever

update: got these a few weeks ago specifically for the track. it seems that I could not get enough clearance with the stock pegs to really drag knee so i decided on these. they work like a charm. dragged knee within the second session on the track. on the third session i went down. low sided. I took a bad line at a turn and went to wide, and the portion of the track that i was on dipped so when it came down to lean i over leaned and well.. down. two things; the bike went down and my right/front blinker came off and scratched the fairings, the brake lever was loose. however, overall the bike was fine. majority of the slide was taken by the bar slider and rear sets.
The true hero here were the rear sets. about 1/4 of an inch was scrapped off the peg however, everything else was amazing well. if you look at my bike now you can't tell unless i point it out. these things work, I will buy another peg as soon as someone in china responds to my questions. these things are solid.
the bike is now 9/10. it went down well. minor scratches on the fairings and the belly pan (which i will replace with a carbon fiber one soon).
After i put back the blinker with some tape, and tighten 2 things on the bike, i went back out on the track a few more times. overall, i think these rear sets, the great fairing placement ( not sticking out further than the handlebars and foot pegs) makes it for a less of a worry if you drop it or go down. you might have to replace a thing or two (like the brake lever, which i did immediately after that day) however, all around this bike is great! i cannot recommend these rear sets more.

Last edited:

ray

As I had said earlier..I have been using them for about 3 months now. Even crashed my bike and the rear sets held up really well! My bikes chaisis even got bent and the damage to rear sets were only a bent gear level and heel guard.

Its at this time I mix matched the rear set with DRIVEN's for the S1KRR..i felt the quality of both were pretty much the same!

blapo13

It looks like the chinese sets are shipping with some goodies now... rear swingarm spools and some other square piece that my new owner brain cannot figure out. Anyone able to tell what the heck it is and whether or not those are really swingarm spools or if they actually go with the rearset somehow?

Here is the specific one i bought but i believe them to all be the same.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/1I8AAOSwAodWFQdM/s-l1600.jpg

Thanks!

(P.S. New rider and new member here, looking forward to chatting with you all)

Ryanthegreat1

The one thing I would like to change on these rear sets is the heel guard on the left side. It catches a seam on my boot and I fight with it transitioning between corners. I think I will put it in the press that bend the point inward to prevent catching.

robenever

It looks like the chinese sets are shipping with some goodies now... rear swingarm spools and some other square piece that my new owner brain cannot figure out. Anyone able to tell what the heck it is and whether or not those are really swingarm spools or if they actually go with the rearset somehow?

Here is the specific one i bought but i believe them to all be the same.

that square piece is a spacer. it goes on the right hand side when doing the install. it replaces two spacers with a single piece. its needed, otherwise the rearset would be wiggly.

Ryanthegreat1

The "swingarm spools" are spacers for the foot pegs to make them slightly longer. I installed mine, feel they were too short without it not even making it half way across my boot.

jjtard

I've seen and used these before....had a pair on an endurance bike. Price is great, product is NOT!!! Quality of the bolts alone is enough for me not to recommend them. Fitment wasn't worth a damn either. Buyer beware...you get what you pay for. I wasn't the only person on our team that didn't like the fit or quality of the materials.

Ryanthegreat1

This exact set? They seem really nice to me. Hardware is all A2 stainless, correct for the application. Everything about them exceeds the quality standards KTM settled on for their production.

jjtard

They were for a CBR600R....it's possible they have improved since then. The set I was referring to was 3yrs ago...sorry to not mention that.

ray

Couple of pics with the rear set in action.

received_1052579294820079.jpg

13441968_1052579348153407_173666455_o.jpg

ray

I have set it at the most aggressive position. I think I have a pic vaguely comparing both. Let me just dig it up.

blapo13

Still not sure...

The "swingarm spools" are spacers for the foot pegs to make them slightly longer. I installed mine, feel they were too short without it not even making it half way across my boot.

I know there are extenders for the pegs but those are not the items in question. Please see the picture below. I am referring to the two black cylindrical items on the tight of the image. Also... does the little gold ring go on the shifter side between the rod and the lever?

1546est   -   foot rest Picture - More Detailed Picture about CNC Aluminum Adjustable Rearset .jpg

Thanks,
Bryan