Bitubo XXF11 on 2017 RC390 - Fitment check?

Botts

Country flag
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2017 RC390. I would like to do the Bitubo rear (P/N: KT003XXF11) but they only list it for 2014-2016, and Bitubo was unable to confirm fitment.

I would usually have just taken the chance on it, but I know that the R6 rear will not clear the exhaust on a 2017 bike.

Has anyone tried the Bitubo rear shock on a 2017? I searched the forum and see plenty of recommendations for Bitubo parts, but none specifically mentioning the 2017+ bikes.

Thanks!

ia02

Country flag
Definitive YES. I have it on my 2017. And it is awesome.

A tip: while it does fit with the stock exhaust, you really should ditch your cat. It gets hot as fuck and sits VERY close to the shock reservoir. If you do retain the stock exhaust you may need to file the welds on the cat to provide and extra few MM of clearance. In addition to filing the weld, angling the reservoir a few degrees toward the right side of the bike will also provide a tiny bit of extra clearance.

Last tip: buy it from Eric @ Velocity Calibrations and he will provide you excellent setup support.

Botts

Country flag
Thanks! That's very useful information -- I'm planning on doing the exhaust eventually, so might as well do it now, so as not to cook the reservoir.

ia02

Country flag
Good call. I did a whole track season wth the stock exhaust. It was fine, but I’m replacing it before the start of this upcoming season.