Correct Sag Numbers

m3hl

Country flag
Quick question:
I just switched the springs in the front. What sag numbers am I looking for? Right now it seems a little stiff with about 33mm of sag (no gear) 13mm static sag with about 13mm of preload. Any tips? I think I am going to take out 10mm of prelaod and see how it feels.

Edit: I read i should be looking for 32-42mm? sound right? I will still take out the preload.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 452

I just had KFG Racing install .85 & 7 Wt Maxima oil in my Duke and saw 18mm unladen sag and 32mm sag with me all suited-up @ 200lbs and a full tank of gas. The ride isn't harsh but suspension movement is so much more controlled with very little dive while braking. Rode over some of the worst roads I could find at higher speeds and saw the forks use 120mm of the advertised travel. KFG Racing set the preload and said they used the stock oil volume but I'm not sure how big of a shim they used or if they really used 450 ml of oil but I'm happy : )
*Duke forks have 25mm more travel than RC's and my bike currently weighs in at 290 lbs without gas

m3hl

Country flag
I just had KFG Racing install .85 & 7 Wt Maxima oil in my Duke and saw 18mm unladen sag and 32mm sag with me all suited-up @ 200lbs and a full tank of gas. The ride isn't harsh but suspension movement is so much more controlled with very little dive while braking. Rode over some of the worst roads I could find at higher speeds and saw the forks use 120mm of the advertised travel. KFG Racing set the preload and said they used the stock oil volume but I'm not sure how big of a shim they used or if they really used 450 ml of oil but I'm happy : )
*Duke forks have 25mm more travel than RC's and my bike currently weighs in at 290 lbs without gas

Interesting... I am running the 0.9 spring (maybe stiffer vs a duke???) and am about 180 in full gear. It seems stiff, but it also seems like my sag numbers are pretty dang close to being correct. I will still probably change preload spacers. Thanks for the input!