Front and Rear stand

74d34h

Pitbull, the old saying never changes you get what you pay for! My trackbike fell off the cycle gear black stands last season in the pit at NYST. The lower pit area is an awkward sloped pit. I also run woodcraft swing arm spool sliders. I put the 10mm ones on my wife's RC390. Her bike is going to become a trackbike this upcoming season. Reason? I low sided my trackbike with vortex swing arm spools. The left side bent upward. I was very lucky I was able to back out the screw and fit the woodcraft slider spools, with a little crooked look! If that spool pushed up any further the swing arm would have to be replaced. It's a thought.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    937.2 KB · Views: 2,781

RCRebel

Awesome info in here guys, I found the part numbers for the rear spools ect for the RC to fit. I had to get KTM branded stands because that's all my dealer could order, everything else they had was to cheap IMHO. Anyways I'll keep you all posted when the stands arrive. In the mean time here's some photos of what's on order
3940cfc8b22a1ffa79de3be2575253e0.jpg
bdf4dedafa603e27212b4eaf5715a6e1.jpg
651845a6a33fde31223c8e0d9bd881b5.jpg
319801d79a54f76220e92c4dc30ca904.jpg

"Infinite Patience Produces Immediate Results."

RCRebel

Finally picked up the KTM stands today and they are perfect except, for the pin size that comes with the front head stock stand seems to be 2mm off which is causing some slop that I turn allows the front lower headlight assembly to press against the stand which is kind of disturbing to me. If this were a track or cup bike it would t matter with no headlight. So I'm gonna order the correct 17mm size to hopefully avoid this.
261b985f859a080322f258c3b32e1ba8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burnzi850

I just bought a pit bull front stand for the RC and I have never used one before. I don't see where the pin goes. I only see one spot where it would be possible to insert the pin but it looks like there is a cap or plug filling up the this area. What and how do I remove in order to use the front stand. Additionally, this area that I'm talking about is under the triple tree.

Thanks for the help.

psych0hans

Country flag
I just bought a pit bull front stand for the RC and I have never used one before. I don't see where the pin goes. I only see one spot where it would be possible to insert the pin but it looks like there is a cap or plug filling up the this area. What and how do I remove in order to use the front stand. Additionally, this area that I'm talking about is under the triple tree.

Thanks for the help.

It's just a dust cover, it should pop off with your fingers. Take it off and insert the pin there.

Seth

Country flag
Finally picked up the KTM stands today and they are perfect except, for the pin size that comes with the front head stock stand seems to be 2mm off which is causing some slop that I turn allows the front lower headlight assembly to press against the stand which is kind of disturbing to me. If this were a track or cup bike it would t matter with no headlight. So I'm gonna order the correct 17mm size to hopefully avoid this.
261b985f859a080322f258c3b32e1ba8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, those look great, and can fold away too! How much does the set cost?

stevieboy

Country flag
I bought the KTM front stand after the other one I had wanted to put too much pressure on the fairing "beak". Works good at avoiding the fairing but scuffed the front fender. No other way to do it. At least the fender is easy to remove when needed.

Seth

Country flag
Ended up ordering the Moto-D Floating stand. Why? I will be able to do maintenance and move the bike around the garage effortlessly as necessary. Even tuck it in next to a wall! All stands should be able to do that. Yeah, I payed up for it but it is well worth the $$ as it is small and nibble. I will report back when I get the Floating stand.