Front Fairing Stay

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Caught this front fairing stay from Rottweiler Performance the other day. It's not available for purchase yet but is a must for any race build. Looks like they will be asking around $200 which isn't bad considering the reduced weight and craftsmanship.
View attachment 3366View attachment 3367View attachment 3368

Austin

I've been working with Rottweiler on their build. They are doing a build using some Tyga products. I won't divulge what all as I don't want to spoil their surprise when they are ready to announce! I don't know if they have indeed settled on a final price so just be cautious on speculation there. Sometimes surprises crop up during R&D which necessitate changes to pricing structure. {shrug} I can say that they have been very good guys to work with, and seems they are going to be getting into the RC in a big way. I am honestly really looking forward to seeing their progress and the products they come up with! :) They seem like a great group who are also dedicated to building quality, doing product development, and contributing to the community at large. I think they are going to be a great addition to the galaxy of RC390 fabricator vendors! :) "It takes a village" and all that. :)

Hey all, we just got wind of this thread and signed up. It is my beautiful wife's birthday and gotta get out of here within the next two minutes but wanted to let you know that they are up on the site and we will be answering any questions you may have about them here. Our 390 is to the frame so all we are missing is pictures of the MFS (Modular Fairing Stay) fully assembled with bodywork but there are a couple on the page with the fairing set on it and bolted to our frame as it sits now. For more info right away check the site but tomorrow (Pacific Time) we will check this and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks to all for the excitement for this product. We have put allot of engineering time into it and have been excited for about a month to get them out. Just needed some extra finishing touches with some nice features we added half way through R&D.

Muckabucka

Country flag
Looks great, can't wait to see the final product.

Hey all, we just got wind of this thread and signed up. It is my beautiful wife's birthday and gotta get out of here within the next two minutes but wanted to let you know that they are up on the site and we will be answering any questions you may have about them here. Our 390 is to the frame so all we are missing is pictures of the MFS (Modular Fairing Stay) fully assembled with bodywork but there are a couple on the page with the fairing set on it and bolted to our frame as it sits now. For more info right away check the site but tomorrow (Pacific Time) we will check this and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks to all for the excitement for this product. We have put allot of engineering time into it and have been excited for about a month to get them out. Just needed some extra finishing touches with some nice features we added half way through R&D.

green_bread

Country flag
Thanks for joining the site! It looks like there are a couple different gauge mounting options. Can you describe the recommended setup for running an xt racing gpx pro lap timer? Is there an additional cost for the different mounting options?

Thanks again! :)

RC 390 MFS Fairing Stay Answers

Thanks for joining the site! It looks like there are a couple different gauge mounting options. Can you describe the recommended setup for running an xt racing gpx pro lap timer? Is there an additional cost for the different mounting options?

Thanks again! :)

Hey there and thanks for the welcome! The MFS (Modular Fairing System) as we call it comes with both adapters included in the price for the fairing bracket. The first adapter puts the stock dash in the stock position as it sits in the stock plastic fairing support. The second adapter is aluminum and is intended to be a blank canvas to mount whatever dash you want. There just isn't a good way to mount aftermarket dashes on that bike so what we did was engineer the fairing bracket in a clever way so that the stock dash can be moved down and out of the way for a better unit. Moving forward if there is an overwhelmingly popular unit that everyone uses we will probably design an adapter specific for that one. The nice thing about the blank unit is that it is aluminum and easily drillable or use double stick tape or velcro for whatever you want. There is even enough room for switches if you need. Below is a video we made this morning to show as much as we could. We will have another one coming soon with full pictures of the MFS mounted on an RC 390 as ours is to the frame and engine right now building a Moto 3 bike. (Like you have never seen, more on that later)

[video=youtube;J5LBv2OLPfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5LBv2OLPfo[/video]

green_bread

Country flag
Protesting!

:) Go right ahead and protest. Im pretty sure our rules say anything goes. Haha! (I know you were joking, btw)

In all honesty, I wanted to see some "no motor mods" rules put in place after trying to contend with a 51hp Ninja 300 at NCM before its motor blew up. I just dont have the $3k to spend on Chad's engine kit/getting it installed in order to try to keep up in the "arms race".

Is there any more info about this piece or availability? I tried calling Rottweiler Performance last week and nobody answered. I left them a message indicating I was interested in the RC 390 fairing stay and possibly would like several of them for other racers... havent heard anything out of them.

So sorry we missed that call! I prefer to answer the phone myself so that I can offer the best knowledge (vs hiring a guy who will never know what I know about our own products) but the caveat is that I am sometimes in the shop working on R&D. Best way is to email us and we will get back within a day or so or at least try like hell.

green_bread

Country flag
I did email and you've already replied. :) Communication has been great and I've already received the email with shipping info for my order. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

streetfighter

It saves -5.2 (-2.36kg) lbs over the stock fairing stay + headlights and -2.2 (-1kg) lbs over the stock fairing stay without the headlights.

the stay comes with a fairing? i am trying to understand the math, -1kg over stock fairing without headlights... i believe cup bike is using stock fairing without headlights, or am i wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_bread

Country flag
the stay comes with a fairing? i am trying to understand the math, -1kg over stock fairing without headlights... i believe cup bike is using stock fairing without headlights, or am i wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its only a fairing stay. If you swap out the stock fairing stay for the Rottweiler MFS and keep the headlights, you save 2.2 lbs. If you also remove the headlights, say for racing, you save 5.2 lbs.

Last edited:
Its only a fairing stay. If you swap out the stock fairing stay for the Rottweiler MFS and keep the headlights, you save 2.2 lbs. If you also remove the headlights, say for racing, you save 5.2 lbs.

This Fairing stay does not accept the stock lights, so here is the math: For someone who is removing both the lights and stock plastic fairing stay together, the weight loss is 5.2 lbs. If they have a race bike where the lights have already been removed, they will be losing 2.2 lbs (1kg) when the stock plastic unit is replaced with the MFS. We will be coming out with a version that will accept a few different LED lights in both a single 8" wide 'bar light' and also your choice of many types of dual LED cubes if you want a high and low or flood and pencil or yellow and clear etc. This will be for street riders that would like the fairing stay but want to stay semi street legal (LED's may not be DOT in some areas) or races that require lighting such as 24 hour endurance type events where some lighting during racing is necessary.

This Fairing stay does not accept the stock lights, so here is the math: For someone who is removing both the lights and stock plastic fairing stay together, the weight loss is 5.2 lbs. If they have a race bike where the lights have already been removed, they will be losing 2.2 lbs (1kg) when the stock plastic unit is replaced with the MFS. We will be coming out with a version that will accept a few different LED lights in both a single 8" wide 'bar light' and also your choice of many types of dual LED cubes if you want a high and low or flood and pencil or yellow and clear etc. This will be for street riders that would like the fairing stay but want to stay semi street legal (LED's may not be DOT in some areas) or races that require lighting such as 24 hour endurance type events where some lighting during racing is necessary.

Thank you for the update and I look forward to ordering one soon.

Cheers,
Austin

green_bread

Country flag
I received my MFS from Rottweiler in the mail yesterday! They shipped it quickly (within 36 hours, I think) after the order was placed and USPS got it to MO from CA in about 4 days. The packaging was done well (as well as can be expected for shipping something that is such an odd shape) and the stay was wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap to ensure it wouldnt be moving around inside the box.

The craftsmanship on this thing is awesome and its SUPER light. They included a small padded wire clip on the back of the stay to aid with cable management, as well. I would definitely recommend this piece to anyone who is looking/thinking of picking one up!

I will try to get pics during the install and post them back up here. ;-)

20170123_152942_zps6eo7rxbq.jpg

Last edited:

BrilliantB8

Picked mine up this week as well! I went down and picked it up in person and in addition to making a great product, their customer service is awesome! Cant wait to get this installed over the weekend. I'll post up some more pics during and after the install.
MFS.jpg