Front Fairing Stay

He guys, we would like to create a custom bracket mount for the most popular aftermarket dash system for the RC 390. Can you all chime in and let us know what your favorites are for that bike? GPS?

green_bread

Country flag
Can you post a pic of that setup?

Ive been meaning to get back here and post some pictures from when I did the install, actually. I dont think Ive got a pic of the GPX mounted to the stay, yet, but you can probably get an idea of how it will look from the pics I am posting now. Once I get the GPX permanently mounted, Ill snap another pic and post it up here, as well.

Here is what I started with:

20170129_125940_zpsd5wn0gjr.jpg

Some weights for the stuff I removed:

20170129_145310_zpsdny1kk0g.jpg

20170129_145334_zps83dsjoy2.jpg

20170129_145346_zpsraaaxa3c.jpg

Some weights for the stuff I added back to the bike:

20170129_140745_zpsroylajav.jpg

20170129_140920_zpsno209ocl.jpg

20170129_140948_zpsvp0rgbsk.jpg

20170129_141027_zpsrc73dxxq.jpg

And here is what I ended up with:

20170129_150231_zpsgqhfqyoy.jpg

Last edited:

green_bread

Country flag
I could probably get by without using the "extra" piece on top, but I wanted the GPX to be mounted as high as possible without obstructing the forward view while in a tuck. That piece puts it in the perfect location for me. Ive got a 3d printed "housing" for the GPX that I will probably mount to the stay, then use strong velcro to mount the GPX to the housing. Not sure on that, yet.

Andy

Country flag
Ive been meaning to get back here and post some pictures from when I did the install, actually. I dont think Ive got a pic of the GPX mounted to the stay, yet, but you can probably get an idea of how it will look from the pics I am posting now. Once I get the GPX permanently mounted, Ill snap another pic and post it up here, as well.

Here is what I started with:

20170129_125940_zpsd5wn0gjr.jpg

20170129_150231_zpsgqhfqyoy.jpg

Out of interest did you leave the original dash attached?

green_bread

Country flag
Out of interest did you leave the original dash attached?

Nope.. thats the 1lb 6oz piece (second pic in my post) that I removed. I dont need a speedo, my GPX has a tach/shift light, and Ill probably custom wire in some LEDs for the neutral light. The only thing Im really going to miss on the stock cluster is the coolant temp gauge. Since I dont run a fan (race bike only), it would be nice to have that as a little bit of insurance. Ill just have to be careful about how long Im running when sitting in the pit before a session/race.

Muckabucka

Country flag
Hey Adam, if you're going to remove the gauge cluster completely, and want coolant teamp, there stand alone units out there that are relatively small. I run one of those on my ducazuki for peace of mind.

green_bread

Country flag
Right on, Mark! Thanks for the suggestion/info! I wonder if I'd have to add a sensor, replace the stock sensor, or if it can run off of the stock sensor. What did you do on yours?

Last edited:

Muckabucka

Country flag
I would have to look, but I think I just tapped into the stock sensor. It runs on one of those little nickle sized batteries.

Lima6

Nope.. thats the 1lb 6oz piece (second pic in my post) that I removed. I dont need a speedo, my GPX has a tach/shift light, and Ill probably custom wire in some LEDs for the neutral light. The only thing Im really going to miss on the stock cluster is the coolant temp gauge. Since I dont run a fan (race bike only), it would be nice to have that as a little bit of insurance. Ill just have to be careful about how long Im running when sitting in the pit before a session/race.

I was under the impression the stock dash was required for the bike to function properly as it communicates data to the ECU.