GP Shift

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I looked pretty hard several times. I'm not saying it can't be done but not easily like some other bikes. The easiest way to do would be a shifter right on the shift shaft, will make it GP. Get rid of stock shifter and linkage and put shifter right on shaft like a Duc, will do the trick. No shifter will lend itself easy spline/offset wise though. "I" would buy proper rear sets.

Muckabucka

Country flag
I know I saw a post somewhere about someone running GP shift. I most definitely don't like the feel of the direct lever. I don't know why that is, but tried it twice on two different ducs, I'll need to look at this closer as well.

Ash797

I just flipped the shift arm upside down. Still haven't got it exactly where I want it though. The manual says it should have a 75 degree angle, not sure if I'm there.

IMAG0820_zpsa78emnjy.jpg

IMAG0816_zpsuuevcxrc.jpg

IMAG0815_zpsgyzk6paj.jpg

mr-fabricator

Ive ordered a shaft conversion bracket / peg thingy off ebay , its for a ninja 250 but i should be able to make it fit if the splines are different .

Lee

Ash797

It can be done without any add-ons. I tried posting yesterday in this thread w/pics but I guess a mod has not yet approved the post.

Ash797

No I didn't remove the sprocket cover but it can get in the way if the shift lever has to be adjusted. The cover is plastic and can be easily modified(cut) to allow the shift arm to be adjusted infinitely.

mr-fabricator

Just flipped the lever arm as Ash suggested , its near vertical . Close to the sprocket cover but it does clear and wont interfere with gear changes . Was supposed to be on track today but have a few little bits to sort out so will go up in 3 or 4 weeks .

Track only so i wont be able to test it out untill then !!!!!!

Lee

Flippn

Country flag
I just flipped mine as well. I did extend the rod to allow clearance...no binding and it doesn't hit the sprocket cover.

Muckabucka

Country flag
Be careful when you're setting this up to ensure the heim joint on the shift lever does not make contact with your rearset. Mine was very close, and slightly impeding my ability to shift correctly. The may have contributed somewhat to my transmission jumping out of gear last race weekend.

Rodolfo

Guys

Just flip it, its a 15 min mode

Not everything has to be a hustle

Like everything else i have experienced with this bike