Having the most visibility from what is behind the motorcycle

Seth

Country flag
I like the idea of having the most visibility from what is behind the motorcycle as possible.

What do all of you suggest for maximum visibility? bigger mirrors? Convex mirrors? Helmet cams?

All ideas and options are fair game.

psych0hans

Country flag
Convex mirrors generally help, but would fuck up the perception of distance of the vehicles. Also, switching to convex bar end mirrors really helped me with rear vision.

rick

Pretty sure they make rear view cameras that will work with motorcycles ...what are you trying to see?

Fasteddy

Country flag
I noticed immediately on the new 16 /17 styled version the mirrors pods at the top of the stem are changed to put them further apart, my first thought was to get a set of those mirrors as that would be KTM Engineers solution, being unable to locate those I started looking at what else would work, I am tempted to do a test with a mirror pod off of my 86 FZ600 onto the KTM stem.

When I was working on the wedge concept I found that all the other bikes I sat on placed the mirrors at least over or past where your hands rested...

Seth

Country flag
I am trying to see traffic behind me so I can merge, swerve or avoid something etc. If you know what the traffic behind you is doing you can be that much safer on your motorcycle =)

OldVet

I use my mirrors often but don't rely on them, I turn my head and look behind me anytime I change lanes etc.

commandodave

I have not yet put bar end mirrors on my RC390. I have them on all my Nortons. They give a very good view of the road behind me instead of my elbows, like the stockers on the KTM do.

Seth

Country flag
Mirror wedges from MNNTHBX really shine IMO. They are pure gold when you are cornering, such a nice view. When you are in a straight line I still needed to do chicken wings, although I have only done one ride with them so I may need to adjust the angle a bit. The look is so cool plus feel like they semi sheild your hands from rocks etc. I could still use some more rear view while I'm going in a strait line. Maybe a stick on convex?

Fasteddy

Country flag
I just looked up the mirrors for a 2016 EU version and notice that they now have a new part number, I would 'assume' that the new number corresponds to the redesigned wider mirror pod which of course would greatly improve the view especially with the wedges..

Part number seems valid on google...

RS mirror
90512041044 - 2016 EU
90512541044 - 2015 N. America

Spare Parts Finder

Supersport

Seth

Country flag
I just looked up the mirrors for a 2016 EU version and notice that they now have a new part number, I would 'assume' that the new number corresponds to the redesigned wider mirror pod which of course would greatly improve the view especially with the wedges..

Part number seems valid on google...

RS mirror
90512041044 - 2016 EU
90512541044 - 2015 N. America

Spare Parts Finder

Supersport

Nice, Ill look into them! Thanks.