Hello from KTM newbie

othebe

Country flag
Hi, new member here with a 2018 RC390R. Put in my deposit sometime in March and finally picked it up sometime last week. Bikes currently back in the shop with under 10 miles and an ignition coil problem but the dealers taking a look at it so it's all good :p

I also have a 2012 CBR1000RR that does track duty and some street. I sold my 2003 CBR600RR track bike to make room for the 390R back in March, and I'm hoping to transition track duty to the 390R now and do the rest of the AFM rounds on it for this year.

Haven't had a chance to ride the 390R much, but my initial impressions are that I'm really liking the lightness and feel of the bike. The controls are nice and low, as compared to the standard/Kawasaki 300/400, and seems familiar which I like. Among other things I'd like to get higher rearsets, and a Tyga moto-maggot exhaust. Does anyone have any opinions with this exhaust? Hope to see you guys around!
390r.jpgGBMB3781.jpg

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Howdy othebe! Welcome to the 390 world! :) The 390R is going to be a fun toy on the track to be sure! :) I carry all of the Tyga 390 parts in inventory ready to ship, so I can help ya' with those bits. :) The maggot exhaust is hands down the most favored one for racers. I also carry the Tyga Rearsets, as well as spares for them. I recommend racers and trackday riders also have a spare set of hanger brackets, a peg or two, and foot control levers in their spares box... but if not, know I have those parts on hand at all times as well. :) The 390R already has the KTM race upper triple and clipons, so you're set there... tho I'd recommend you order a set of spare bars and hand levers for your spares box again. You'll also need to get a belly pan, and I believe a race upper as well to ditch those headlights, if that's not already been done. Let me know however I can help ya'. :)

You're gonna have a blast on that thing on the track!!! :)

othebe

Country flag
Thanks Matt! I'll definitely be putting in an order on your site sometime soon. Looking at the picture on your website, it seems like the 2017+ maggot exhaust includes a header? Also, will this be compatible with the Tyga fender eliminator?

Also, this might be overkill but I really want to go carbon fiber with this bike mmmm...