Help! Random nut appeared

eirik95

Hello,
While taking apart the bodywork this small golden nut thing fell out.
Is it supposed to connect the coolant overflow tube (?) to the engine? Doesnt make sence to me, but it fits perfectly both ends for it.
Yes, sorry for the dumb question, not a mechanic :)

EDIT:
the bolt/nipple/thingy threads seem damaged

pictures:
20170714_152014_HDR.jpg20170714_152020_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

eirik95

Pictures are up, didnt work on the phone. Let me know if it helps. No idea if its coolant overflow, dont even know if that exists.. but it fits the tube going from the top of the coolant.

Michelle

Hi eirik95

No mate , that does not go in that over flow pipe there...... My over flow pipe just sticks out the bottom fairing or belly pan...... I am not sure what you got there but the thread on it don,t look to good..
On my bike all over flow pipes just have like round clips on them apart from the one that sticks out of the bottom fairing where you have put that brass screw in......
That is a strange brass fitting you have there , I have not seen one on my bike ,, not saying there is not one but I have not seen one..

I am sure one of the other members can help you better on here but I know where you have put it does not go there.... Hope you find out where it goes as I am interested to know..

Last edited:

Michelle

Oh one more thing ,, that first picture ,, no does not go there mate ,, I myself have two ( one on each side ) bolt holes on the bottom of my engine with no bolts in.... I thought they had come out but know they have not..
I am not sure why they are there cos the threads do not even go through to the other side of the casing .. them two bolt hole do not do anything....... I just think they are there for factory use only...
Again I could be wrong but like I say they do not do anything....
If that brass fitting has come out of somewhere ,, I think its higher up somewhere ... GOOD LUCK :)

Last edited:

eirik95

Thank you for the answer, I too thought the pipe just went down the fairing.. Maybe the fitting actually isnt from the bike. Hopefully.

isaac_

I wonder if this is the one that needs to be plugged when you remove the charcoal canister?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk