Hybird ceramic wheel bearing kit

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Trying to see if there is any interest for them. I can do a whole F and R kit for $305.They will be supplied by Worldwide Bearings. I have a long good relationship with Dave.

jd5

Trying to see if there is any interest for them. I can do a whole F and R kit for $305.They will be supplied by Worldwide Bearings. I have a long good relationship with Dave.

I only know a little about ceramic wheel bearings...any sense of the delta in weight and friction vs a stock setup?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
World Wide Bearings

See his site instead of me regurgitating the info. I have used his product for years in numerous motors, wheels, even my sons bmx race bike hubs. Proven results on the dyno!

jd5

More of a generic question: for a ~45-50hp bike, how much incremental rear wheel horsepower can one expect? I get the value of the weight savings. To the extent drivetrain horsepower loss is reduced by something other than a token amount, I'd have interest. Who am I kidding? I'd have an interest just for the weight savings!

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I haven't "checked" to see but I'm sure bearings are pressed. I can't honestly answer the amount of incremental rwhp on the RC, given I haven't done it yet. If KTM's numbers are correct 44ish hp (crank), either the bike is very efficient (trans/chain/rear wheel bearings) out of the box in terms of drivetrain loss, OR it makes more than 44 hp! Not enough data yet. I ALWAYS see 85ish% of manufactures claimed crank HP at the wheel on my dyno, street and dirt bikes. Using that factor, I expected to see 37.5 rwhp NOT 40.5 :eek:. That's 8% difference, that's a HUGE amount when we're talking 44ish hp to start. All the rest of their line up is spot on number wise, Super Duke, RC8R, 990, etc. I'm not sure what to make of this one or how to answer it. I think I will probably order a set of bearings tomorrow and install in a stocker sometime when I have a chance. They will wind up in the current build ultimately. There will be an increase of some measurable amount due to them. But like you said its a must have anyway LOL, less weight, less resistance and just because!