Is the stock chain a 520?

RobbiRob76

Does anyone know how many links are required? when ordering an aftermarket chain like RK or DID? cheers

RK!!! But I am pretty biased. I am Sales Manager for RK North America. We are not a sponsor of the site so I don't bring up the topic... Let me know your purpose, and I can direct you to the correct product. I just received our Orange 520GXW Premium chain... Same chain Yoshimura Suzuki runs, and so does Jake Gagne Broaster Chicken Racing.I can post a picture of the chain later if anyone would like to see? I also just received a 16 tooth Driven Racing sprocket.

RK!!! But I am pretty biased. I am Sales Manager for RK North America. We are not a sponsor of the site so I don't bring up the topic... Let me know your purpose, and I can direct you to the correct product. I just received our Orange 520GXW Premium chain... Same chain Yoshimura Suzuki runs, and so does Jake Gagne Broaster Chicken Racing.I can post a picture of the chain later if anyone would like to see? I also just received a 16 tooth Driven Racing sprocket.

Thanks Robbi Yes RK would be my choice - a good mate of mine back in New Zealand was a sales Rep for RK used many times on MX bikes - My use is only for road not racing but I do like a quality chain and if you can post a pic that would be great - I imagine they all come the same length and chop to suit?

112... Both RK & DID are good chains if you get the top of the line. I just put a DID ZVM-X on mine ;)

Thanks OldVet - did you replace both front and rear sprockets also? I was going to get a replacement original rear and front until I got the price from KTM dealer - also they told me that KTM does not do a 46T rear does that sound right? wanted to go 1Tooth bigger on the rear

OldVet

Thanks OldVet - did you replace both front and rear sprockets also? I was going to get a replacement original rear and front until I got the price from KTM dealer - also they told me that KTM does not do a 46T rear does that sound right? wanted to go 1Tooth bigger on the rear

The chain only had 6,000 miles on it and the sprockets looked like new so no I did not replace them. You can get a 46T on eBay, if you do that you will have to adjust the length of chain you will need however probably to a 113.

DCMoney

Country flag
The chain only had 6,000 miles on it and the sprockets looked like new so no I did not replace them. You can get a 46T on eBay, if you do that you will have to adjust the length of chain you will need however probably to a 113.

I dont see too many half links available for 520 chains to go up one link. Typical 520 chains are evenly numbered when it comes to the number of links.

Running a 46t on the stock length chain is fine.

OldVet

I dont see too many half links available for 520 chains to go up one link. Typical 520 chains are evenly numbered when it comes to the number of links.

Running a 46t on the stock length chain is fine.

Cool, I was wondering if the 112 would work when I posted that :confused: