ktm rc390 for "experienced" rider?

JKBC

The rear shock may be bad but its being over exaggerated by fast riders, you can ride the stock bike plenty fast.
Thank you.

Re: 690 Duke
'At an U.S. MSRP of $8,999' it may not be within the budget of the starter of this thread but certainly it is one bad-ass big single. How about a RC 690?...that would have the speed and power to actually justify dual front discs/RC8 front end...and I see the people at TST Industries could probably make such a conversion with quality parts and at a reasonable price. < just sayin', but you'd need to know it would sell.

2014 KTM 690 Duke: MD Ride Review « MotorcycleDaily.com ? Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

Last edited:

Diploman

I have a 2015 Duke. If you are interested in track or competition, the RC is your bike. Very focussed. For everything else - urban traffic, errands around town, back roads, day trips, light touring, highway jaunts, hauling luggage or a pillion, even light off-road, whatever you want - the Duke can do it. Very versatile. The windscreen issue is easily handled: I have an MRA Vario screen on my bike. On the freeway it takes the 75mph windblast completely off my torso, without producing turbulence around the helmet. I would say that if you like the 390 engine and chassis:
Get the RC if you want to race;
Get the Duke if your priorities are elsewhere.