Let's see your RC

msquared

I am in Denver now (near Lowry) but I just moved from Parker, very familiar with Centennial. I will have to check out Lookout mountain :)

micah360

nice... we will have to go ride sometime... I work from home so I'm pretty open during the weekdays (I'm near I-25 and Arapahoe Rd). Send me a message on here if you have some free time to kill in the next couple of weeks.

You ever ride down to Deckers? That is the area I usually ride in... good times.

You didn't happen to have your bike parked downtown on Tuesday evening did you (over by Denver Beer Company... close to REI)? I saw one parked on the street over there. First other RC390 I've seen in the wild.

ETA: oh yeah... this is a picture thread so I guess I could put this here. This is my buddy's Lotus. They go pretty well together.

dzcsh.jpg

Last edited:

Dean

nice... we will have to go ride sometime... I work from home so I'm pretty open during the weekdays (I'm near I-25 and Arapahoe Rd). Send me a message on here if you have some free time to kill in the next couple of weeks.

You ever ride down to Deckers? That is the area I usually ride in... good times.

You didn't happen to have your bike parked downtown on Tuesday evening did you (over by Denver Beer Company... close to REI)? I saw one parked on the street over there. First other RC390 I've seen in the wild.

ETA: oh yeah... this is a picture thread so I guess I could put this here. This is my buddy's Lotus. They go pretty well together.

dzcsh.jpg

Hi Micha, Just wondering if that screen has been painted or tinted?

tecknojoe

Country flag
I'm in Denver. Sounds like there's some other Colorado people here.

We need to get those RC's out to the track. I'll be at IMI and HPR a lot doing some offseason training. Come ride.

msquared

Nice!

I work from home as well and so I am pretty open during the weekdays as well. I am really new to motorcycles (I just got my endorsement in August) and this is my first bike (well ok I had a Ninja 300 for a week but I sold that to my girlfriend and don't really count it).

How convenient that you live right next to Fay Meyer which I'm guessing is where pretty much everyone in CO got their 390s

If I don't have my kids I pretty much take my bike everywhere. I haven't been outside of the denver metro yet tho.

I doubt that was me actually since I have my kids on Tuesday nights it is unlikely that I was down there. I have seen one other 390 in the wild. I was eating dinner with my girl at SliceWorks on Colfax Wed night and it pulled up at the light outside with a girl riding it. Ironically she ended up sitting at the table next to us, but it was clear she was on a first(maybe second?) date and the guy was struggling pretty hard so I left her alone rather than step in and make it even harder for him.

that Lotus is on "I will own that someday" list.

I will post a pic of my bike once I get a good one, just did the MNNTHBX tail tidy today, now I just need permanent plates :)

Willasan

My toy!

uploadfromtaptalk1441593214410.jpg

Current iteration. Small blinkers in stock US spot, custom sticker job, put the KTM brake lever guard on since I broke the CRG mirror on that side in a garage tip-over.

uploadfromtaptalk1441593255518.jpg

Mean mugging.

uploadfromtaptalk1441593267962.jpg

Palomar mountain, my favorite twisty road.

I'm on Instagram, @swillasan. Regularly posting KTM pictures.

micah360

awesome... we will all have to get together for a ride before winter starts for sure. I'd love to try the track out sometime... I think I would be addicted after the first trip (never been before).

I saw an RC8 on Saturday by Morrison headed north on 470. Love those bikes.

Yes... it's a little too convenient how close I live to Fay Myers. I spend way too much money there.

Let me know when you all want to ride!!!

waveriders

They are Vortex frame sliders. I cut the fairing and mounted them with the engine bolts like you would mount frame sliders to a Yamaha R6. However, the Vortex pucks aren't really long enough to be effective. They only come out to the edge of the fairings. I have some other pucks from a Yamaha FZ6 that are longer that I'm going to mount which should fix the problem.

In my opinion, since KTM used such small engine bolts, I don't see how any frame slider is going to be effective. I feel like the bolts will snap right away in a crash.

Muckabucka

Country flag
I don't think I've posted a photo in this thread. Please pardon me if I did already. This is my RC in it's current form. Numbers will be added before this weekend.
2015-09-13 16.57.03.jpg

maddrama

Hey guys whats going on, So I picked up a 390 a few months ago after I rode my Buddies who races in the cup series. I picked up the street version because I thought the Cup edition had a softer suspension and for the extra 4K Id put towards upgrades on the street. I'm waiting on an Ohlins rear and some springs for the front and then it should be insanely fun. I also ride a AMA spec S1000RR that puts down 206 to the real wheel so its a relaxing stint on the 390 after riding that monster. Anyway I'm new to the forum wanted to say hello. Here are My two bikes. Cheers...
KTM
Akr exhaust
Dynojet
Sato rearsets
driven top triple
driven clip ons
Body work
WAITING ON
Ohlins rear
Front Springs
Tires
Gearing