My Race Bike + Huge Parts Review

veetard

My Akrapovic results below. Blue line is completely stock. Now it has the Akra, and PCV. No mods to the air filter / airbox (not permitted).

Note: the max power numbers are off because I told the tuner to stop at 7,500 rpm. That was my mistake, I could've gone higher. Either way, the Akra will give you a couple all over the range, and quite a bit down low.

View attachment 2450

Hey just to clarify:
Is this raw power or are you running the restrictor plate?
You are going to cost me lots of money btw lol...

tecknojoe

Country flag
Hey just to clarify:
Is this raw power or are you running the restrictor plate?
You are going to cost me lots of money btw lol...

What restrictor plate are you referring to? If you mean the DB killer in the end of the exhaust, I left that in. I was going to have him remove and test with vs without, but he couldn't cleanly get it out so I told him to leave it alone.

I've spent a lot of money on this bike, but you should see the big ass grin on my face every time I pull out of pit lane knowing I'm on a properly built machine :)

zaster

Country flag
What restrictor plate are you referring to? If you mean the DB killer in the end of the exhaust, I left that in. I was going to have him remove and test with vs without, but he couldn't cleanly get it out so I told him to leave it alone.

I've spent a lot of money on this bike, but you should see the big ass grin on my face every time I pull out of pit lane knowing I'm on a properly built machine :)

I thought only the Cup had a restrictor plate?

veetard

Forgive me, I just picked this bike up last weekend, and even though I'm not new to riding the last one I owned was a '89 GS500 lol.
I was lead to believe that there is a restrictor plate on the cup 390s to limit the output, I am just curious whether this alleged plate was installed or not for this dyno comparison.

veetard

Forgive me, I just picked this bike up last weekend, and even though I'm not new to riding the last one I owned was a '89 GS500 lol.
I was lead to believe that there is a restrictor plate on the cup 390s to limit the output, I am just curious whether this alleged plate was installed or not for this dyno comparison.

I know that grin well also, I grew up racing shifter karts. ;)

tecknojoe

Country flag
I thought only the Cup had a restrictor plate?

Ah yea, now I know what you mean. My bike is NOT the cup bike. Zaster is correct, only the cup bikes have any sort of restrictor plate. So all of us with street version bikes are free and clear of that.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
It's a 'throttle stop' on the throttle body, not a restrictor plate. Super simple to remove off the cup bikes.

tecknojoe

Country flag
AOMC.mx just sent me my spare wheels. I'm getting the Pirelli Diablo Rain tires mounted this weekend and will test them as soon as I can.

As a note, the spare wheels come with bearings already mounted, but do not come with rotors.

4V5hzol.jpg

Sponseller111

I'm looking for a stock front/upper fairing assembly complete with headlights and bubble; also may need the stock instrument panel if you (or others) have any to sell.

tecknojoe

Country flag
2nd in Endurance, 3rd in both production 400 races.

My season long goal was to hit 1 podium, so I was more than excited when I pulled out some magic this weekend. With all the changes I made to this bike, it is an absolute rocket ship. In the last race of the weekend I was really starting to feel the limit in several corners, had one save off my knee and 2 other close calls.

The only negative was that in the first race, I started dragging my bellypan, case saver, shift knob, and the rose joint on the shift shaft. I raised the ride height twice on Sunday but didn't want to make too big of a change since I was able to hold a great pace. Today I'll raise the rear more and start all over in 2 weeks, I'm gonna need some more vudu because I feel like I'm not one of the favorites at that track. Thanks to all the support from my sponsors, all the work I put into this bike gave me a serious competitive advantage when it was time to lay it all on the line. this weekend was killer.

l2gGPOc.jpg

I6fNp5T.jpg

Attachments

• l2gGPOc.jpg
    l2gGPOc.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 71
  • I6fNp5T.jpg
    I6fNp5T.jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 64