Mystery bit - where did THIS come from?

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
While working on the initial service interval and shock swap, I had a part fall off the bike and hit the workstand... but I have NO idea where it came from, or what it's for. It LOOKS like a spacer, as there are no threads, but it's a hexagon shape. Try as I might, I can NOT figure out where it came from off the bike. Ideas???

gXY0ju22ggDJU2b15MfS2ccvp4L6Hwisnexf6g7l8A=w516-h917-no

Ideas???

Fasteddy

Country flag
Qty
90104042000 HEXAGONAL WASHER

So you have not pulled the swing arm pivot out? then it is a spare part left behind, I have found at least one so far...

Spare Parts Finder enter vin, etc...

BTW, FWIW I would put the high performanve silicone ruber heat deflector back in, the basic spec on that type of material is good up to 200 degrees + Celsius with hardly any heat penetration. the cup bike is not meant for the same duty cycle as a normal street bike thus not needing it. If uou just remove the wiring to the throttle body (which it is protecting) and the back 2 zip ties, unplug the ABS harness and bungee it out of the way you have as much room as when it is out. It is also keeping heat away from the fuel / SLA battery that likes being at an optimal temperature of 77 deg. F.

The material isn't cheap, and 4 zip ties add up so my guess is if it was worth putting the money into another part on the bike it serves a purpose....

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I did not pull the motor mount bolt/footpeg bracket. I had loosened the nut. I don't remember if I'd pulled it off, while trying to get the chain guard, fender off. I realized I could loosen a different bolt tho without having to pull the footpeg bracket, so never removed the other peg bracket bolts. That nut was the top big one, and I never pulled the bolt, just loosened the nut is all, so it couldn't have come from there unless it was behind the nut... The id of the spacer is 15.5mm, but that motor mount bolt/footpeg bracket is 14mm, so too large clearance for that bolt it looked like to me. It dropped on the bench when I was "persuading" the stock exhaust back on with a 2x4 and dead blow hammer. I heard a thunk, looked down, ava there it was. I searched and searched to no avail trying to figure out from wince it came...

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Qty
90104042000 HEXAGONAL WASHER

So you have not pulled the swing arm pivot out? then it is a spare part left behind, I have found at least one so far...

Spare Parts Finder enter vin, etc...

OK, yeah, sure enough... that's the part:
1190104042000HEXAGONAL WASHER

There's NO WAY I pulled that bolt tho, so indeed it must have been hiding on the bike somewhere and just got jossled loose/free as I was "persuading" the exhaust back on. Somebody at the factory must have dropped it and it got wedged someplace likely between the swingarm and the frame/motor and indeed is a "spare part" so... I will stop worrying / being in a panic that I've got a potentially seriously important bit left over from re-assembly.

I tell you what, you should have seen the puzzled look on my face and total and complete perplexed bewilderment as I picked up the spacer and proceeded to look, poke, and grasp at an explaination as to where it came from and where it needed to go back!!! "Where the ******* did this thing come from?!?!!!!" LOL

Bagwell

Country flag
So far, I have found an extra bolt spacer for fairing and a loose black wire going into the harness that the dealer hooks up for diagnostics black wire hanging out under the rear seat with the end stripped back about 1/4" Odd

Treachery

Country flag
^^^^^
This. I found that wire in the tail section when I did the tail tidy. Had no idea what it was, but taped it up and tucked it away.

Fasteddy

Country flag
That is the antenna for the alarm, also has a wire loop going between two pins, there is also a 2 pin connector that comes out that would go to a tamper switch on the seat lock mechanism. the diagnostic connector is the six pin with four wires in the area of the under seat storage...