New Product Ideas & Input

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
We're getting a lot of questions about the possibility of various parts, so I thought it may be a good idea to dedicate a thread to that alone. We've always found that kind of input to be a valuable tool, and always enjoy bouncing ideas around. A few points to keep in mind though.....

*We have a LOT of new KTM products in the works now. Sometimes my excitement gets the best of me, and I open my mouth too soon. I'm going to try my best to hold off on early releases until finished goods are ready to go. Some of your ideas may already be in motion...

*Some ideas are great, but for one reason or another, don't make business sense.

*Some ideas are great, but the intellectual property of others, which we prefer to respect.

*Lastly, the ideas that we do chase, don't normally happen as fast as you (or I) would like.

All that said, we're really excited about what we'll be releasing in the next month, as well as hearing your ideas and input.

Greg

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Passenger peg block off plates.
I had considered that, but we tossed on some of our in house finish washers (can be seen in the KTM page banner on our site) and it looks good, which leads me to the question... Which is a better option, a billet plate that would indeed look good, but add a bit of weight and cost four times more, or selling sets of those hard black finish washers and hardware... Your thoughts?

dobr

Well I weigh 225 pounds and I don't think 8 ounces is going to make a difference to me. I want a solution that looks factory. Washers and bolts just look like something is missing. There are some options out there already but shipping is going to be expensive from Europe. Just IMHO.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Well I weigh 225 pounds and I don't think 8 ounces is going to make a difference to me. I want a solution that looks factory. Washers and bolts just look like something is missing. There are some options out there already but shipping is going to be expensive from Europe. Just IMHO.
Thanks. That's why I asked.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
* Ohlins TTX Shock.
* Fork cartridge kit
* Slipper clutch
While that would be good, we're talking parts we can design and manufacture, not just stock (though we're working hard currently with some major players, and will infact stock some items we feel are premium).

Flippn

Country flag
I second that request for adjustable rear sets
Here's the rest of my wish list that I'd like to eventually purchase...
Top triple clamp
Clip-ons
Adjustable and folding brake/clutch levers (optioned for shorty and normal length)
Race body kit
Front and rear axle sliders
Frame slider
Engine covers (left and right side)
Front and rear sprockets
Set of nuts and bolts pre-drilled for safety wiring
Front brake rotor
Brake pads

emeglasson

I definitely second the frame sliders.
And DOBR, have you seen the block off plates that are intended to also be used as tie downs? Kind of a cool idea. They are from a competing manufacturer, so I wont be rude and post the link here. Might be an option to consider building, though?

For what its worth, I bought four black button head allen bolts to plug those four holes. I would actually buy shorter, lighter ones! Which is realize is neurotic.

guzz46

I just brought some small rubber grommets, they do the job, and look pretty good too in my opinion.

ray

-Well priced Rear sets
-Lower Clip-ons
-Better front rotor/brake pad/reservoir set

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I can say for sure, we're doing sliders, and sooner rather than later.

What size sprockets would you guys like to see? We have the inroads to provide very high quality sprockets and fair pricing.

Last edited:

ryandalling

Obviously, the racer bits would be great for us racers. Your money will probably be made on street riders to get volume... but sliders, case covers, and rear sets can be used by street and racers a like. The nuts and bolts pre drilled for safety wiring and of higher quality than stock would be really nice too. I just want a US based source for the items Flippn listed to avoid shipping nightmares. And to get a good customer service relationship going.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I can say point blank, I'll put our customer service up against anybody. It's a sticking point with me personally. As for race vs. street, we're racers at heart, and will produce product for both aspects. I would guess you'll see a new product per week released for quiet some time. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

guzz46

A 14t front sprocket would be good, I believe currently there's no 14t front sprocket available anywhere.

Treachery

Country flag
Rearsets, or height adjustable pegs
Frame sliders
Tail tidy; (I've already sprung for one, but I suspect that would be a good seller for you)

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Rearsets, or height adjustable pegs
Frame sliders
Tail tidy; (I've already sprung for one, but I suspect that would be a good seller for you)
We have manufactured what we feel is the best undertail for sale now, seen in our vendor page on this forum....

rc_orange45

how about passenger block off plates designed to double as a place to tie down your bike when you trailer it to the track. oh and spools maybe some nice foldable levers, bar end sliders, fuel cap, pegs. whatever you guys come up with I'm sure will be great