pcv issues out of box

bkruk

I would put the pvc with Chads map in my bike again in a nano second.........easily one of the best mods I have done other than suspension, had my dealer install it and never one issue other than having a problem keeping the front wheel on the pavement! :cool:

simpletty

Country flag
I dont deny the pcv you got was a fully functional one, I guess the one I got had a glitch that took out the ecu. I have no other explanation and either does anyone else. Ecus just dont quit because they fell like it.

simpletty

Country flag
seemed very coincidental that it quit the moment I turned on the key right after the pcv was installed. But its a losing battle to claim that the pcv took it out so Ill end the thread on this note. Am i afraid to buy another pcv?, absolutely not since everyone here has had great success. I do wish that dynojet would at least come to the table and entertain the idea that, "hey it was a possibility" I work in the auto industry, believe it or not the ecu used in the ktm rc390 is also used in the Hyundai veloster and im sure a few other vehicles. Obviously the hardware is the same, software is subjective to the application. So failures of ecus these days are very rare, I've seen less than a handful in over 5 years. gbabyracing I do agree that usually an ecu wont make it off the factory floor if its faulty, or it wont survive very many miles of use, my bike was bought in august last year and the clicker was low at 417 miles, Anyways... After reviewing the dealership warranty paperwork the bike had codes for throttle position sensor, coolant sensor and the side stand. They replaced side stand switch and it didn't fix anything. They ordered sensors for the cooling fan and tps, but after i convinced them to try an new ecu, it fixed it. "Oh.....doesnt the pcv connect in between the tps....subjective to your thoughts, but i think there was a glitch and it momentarily caused a voltage spike, taking out the vref to the sidestand, coolant and tps sensors. If anyone has the manual check the wiring diagrams. Vref doesn't just stop working cause it wants to. Usually a faulty sensor is the cause of vref faults, been fixing them for 15 plus years. SO moving on, bikes back, working and next on the list is suspension, rearsets, and race plastics. Anyone have any of these for sale let me know.

=maz=

Country flag
...SO moving on, bikes back, working and next on the list is suspension, rearsets, and race plastics. Anyone have any of these for sale let me know.

I went with the Driven rearsets and I'm very happy that I did. Tyga glass nose, belly and tail with standard plastic on the sides.
Hope it all goes well for you from here on.

simpletty

Country flag
I went with the Driven rearsets and I'm very happy that I did. Tyga glass nose, belly and tail with standard plastic on the sides.
Hope it all goes well for you from here on.
That is the plan, going to pop in the r6 shock for now, and save up for the jri over time. Ill probably drop in the catrtidges as well, fork springs for now though