cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Had a little time to make a proto type piece here to verify fitment and check operation. I am using Frank's captive spacers in the front wheel. Please give me some feedback and or interest in it so I can get a price on having some CNC'ed. Works very well, just loosen pinch bolts and axle and withdraw the axle. The caliper even with the 320 rotor can stay attached/torqued to base. Super simple like gsxr quick change set up. Drill and tap 3 (4x.7) holes in left fork base, using captive bolt for template, no other needed mods or parts. Frank does have a rear quick change set up to go along. Price should be very reasonable on my captive bolt, will come with attaching bolts. You will need 1/8'' drill or #30 bit, and a 4 x.7mm tap. Does not support axle sliders (most quick changes do not). This works on stock or cup forks. Thanks.

IMG_5819.JPGIMG_5823.JPG

rick

That's pretty cool!
Normally, I'd be a little scuurrred of drilling there but, it seems like it would be okay.

On that note, the shipping the caliper back to Fast Frank for drilling and taping two little holes does seem a little silly. I wonder if they give a discount if you'll do it yourself?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
That's pretty cool!
Normally, I'd be a little scuurrred of drilling there but, it seems like it would be okay.

On that note, the shipping the caliper back to Fast Frank for drilling and taping two little holes does seem a little silly. I wonder if they give a discount if you'll do it yourself?

There is plenty of meat in the fork bottoms to drill and tap. Lots of front quick change axle nuts are bolted to fork in this manner, same with rear axle nuts to adjuster, etc. For the second part I cant answer for him..

Muckabucka

Country flag
I would really be interested in a set if I had an extra set of wheels...
Don't know where I can find any though...

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
FullSizender.jpgFullSizeRen.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

I have the 416 SS version built and tested. Hardware has been changed to SS button heads as well. These will be $36, captive axle bolt and 3 SS bolts included. Let me know who is interested please so I know how many to run off... Will me made in a couple of days time.

You will use the axle piece as template to drill and tap your fork. 4 x .7mm at 10mm deep. Uses same torque spec as stock 15 ft/lbs.

Sorry for the I-phone photos...

rick

Nice! I'll take one.
I'm trying to decide if I like the socket heads better than the button heads.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Nice! I'll take one.
I'm trying to decide if I like the socket heads better than the button heads.

I can supply either style hardware of your choice. I have plenty of both. I thought the SS buttons looked tidier, but the head sticks over a little further than the OD of bolt.

rick

Heh, since you've seen it in person, I'll yield to your expertise! Smooth / No snag with the button heads is certainly a plus :)

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Ok, I have one left here up for grabs. First PM or response gets it. Rest are gone...

rick

Semi-off topic but, does anyone know if the Fast Frank rear axle cups fit on the front axle?

I'm gonna be swapping out tires this weekend and I can through a caliper on the axles to get an idea if it'll fit but, it would be neat to know and maybe see some photos.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Semi-off topic but, does anyone know if the Fast Frank rear axle cups fit on the front axle?

I'm gonna be swapping out tires this weekend and I can through a caliper on the axles to get an idea if it'll fit but, it would be neat to know and maybe see some photos.

The pull cup for the rear sits under the head flange on axle bolt. I was going to try to use one one the front too BUT the front axle is an Allen and sits flush in for base. You could use one but you would have to affix it ti the end of front axle spaced out so it doesn't run into fork base. Also it would have to be very secured and with a way on the inside of it to torque/loosen the front axle. Long story short I tried lol, too much work to make happen...